I need help identifying this greco guitar. Is this the right place to post a thread like this or should I repost elsewhere?

I've been wondering for years what this guitar is and I recently did a search and found a greco 'shriker' guitar which looks similar but not exactly. differences lie within the pick ups and there are 4 knobs on mine and the switch is in a different spot.

I also found a bass guitar that looks similar to my guitar.

While we're on the subject, I can also use help identifying the guitar to its left. I don't know the brand of it but the guy I bought it from guessed that it was a teisco but he wasn't certain. Anyone have any idea of what this guitar is or how I can identify it?

yeah this is the right place to post it. whether you'll get any answers, though

for the greco you could maybe ask on the tokai registry forum or japanaxe. those guys know their japanese guitars, with any luck, they might be able to help you.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Sorry, can't identify either.

Would happily liberate you of both, though...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
According to wiki, what you have is a Greco 975. The "Shrike" designation refers to the pickups, but Greco apparently produced that model with more conventional pickups too. Not sure what the other one is, but I don't think i've ever seen a headstock like that on a Teisco.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah this is the right place to post it. whether you'll get any answers, though

for the greco you could maybe ask on the tokai registry forum or japanaxe. those guys know their japanese guitars, with any luck, they might be able to help you.

thanks for the site recommendation.
no problem
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Christ on a bike that thing needs burning! My eyes are violated.

what needs burning?