I'm going to build my own guitar, but I'm not going to have any tone pots since I always leave them turned to 10. I'm just going to have 1 volume knob and I just want to know if I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by being able to tap both humbuckers with 1 pot. Is it possible or am I just going to have to drill another hole in my guitar?
yes you can a push pull pot has two sides of lugs to solder to. i prefer just one push pull pot for both instead of one for each pickup as i never liked the sound you get with one humbucker split with one not.
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers
Quote by metalchris87
yes you can a push pull pot has two sides of lugs to solder to. i prefer just one push pull pot for both instead of one for each pickup as i never liked the sound you get with one humbucker split with one not.

+1, however, I prefer having individual splits.

Funny fact, I absolutely LOVE the sound I get on clean setting on my Laney with the middle position on my Les Paul and neck humbucker being split. Neck 89, Bridge 81. It's a bit brighter than with just the split 89 and not as powerful sounding as with both pickups on "normally". It's pretty much my go-to-clean sound.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.