Page 3 of 3
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yup, no future for metal. Sam, I'd seriously reconsider investing in stocks instead of gold.

Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
808 IQ
Dude, just listen to Battlecross for forever. It's got a way classic feel to it.

In any case, the best metal has always been underground, even in the eighties.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by Unourrit01
just throwing this out there. has anyone thought that maybe its the guitar based music that is fading?

No, never.
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Uh, what?...

It doesn't need to "come back"...

...And this is why we can't have nice things.

Look, let's get a few things clear. I despise Djent. However, saying it isn't Metal is like saying a subway sandwich isn't a sandwich. I personally don't find Djent to be good, but my personal preference doesn't change the fact that it still was/is Metal.

Well, I didn't challenge its metal credentials at any point. Merely that majority of it is terrible, and that there wasn't a "golden age" or a particular high point within that style at any point.

On the point of metal, there's plenty of stagnation, which is problematic. Considering the number of bands and that many of the original "extreme" barriers have been crossed and pushed pretty far, it's an ever-pressing issue. But it'd be hardly accurate to consider it 'dead' or 'without future'. The limit of the imagination is largely dependent on people that play it, and that is arguably limitless.

"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Jul 16, 2013,
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Well, I didn't challenge its metal credentials at any point. Merely that majority of it is terrible, and that there wasn't a "golden age" or a particular high point within that style at any point.

Wow, I didn't notice that, but yeah, where did that come from, Sam?
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Emenius Sleepus

Ok, just making sure.
theguitarist
I closed your thread.
1,293 IQ
Djent sucks.

and lol @ this kid of a TS.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o