So, I've been playing my Gibson Les Paul Traditional for a few years now. It's excellent for classic rock 'n' roll and gives a good solid sound.

However, I've been moving towards a much more diverse Progressive Rock style lately. I aspire to be a virtuoso of the instrument (just an aspiration, who knows if it will happen).

With that, I would really like a guitar with more tools and functions. A well built, unique looking guitar with tremolo, locking nut, coil tapping/splitting, superb playability, etc. The more functions and tools the better.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-f-2e-electric-guitar

I saw that and loved the classy look of it, but I am looking for a higher quality instrument.

I might just go for a custom guitar in the end, but I would love to hear your suggestions!
Budget?

Ibanez makes some nice guitars with a floyd and HSH pickup configuration. That's pretty versatile.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Look into Suhr. You can customise their models to suit your needs a little better.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
What does your budget look like? What sort of amp are you using?

My short list for super advanced guitars:

-The Music Man Petrucci models are super tricked out, and the neck/fretboards are as slick as they come. Great trem, piezo available, the JPX has 5-way switching for the pickups.

-Basically anything by Parker. They're the most consistently forward-thinking of any of the big manufacturers. Most models have a carbon/fiberglass fretboard with SS frets. The Fly Deluxe has a great trem, piezo, coil splits, and optional MIDI. If you want to get super crazy the Vernon Reid signature has a Roland GK system, a Floyd, EMGs, and more buttons than a video arcade.

-Godin LGXT. Synth, trem, really good acoustic mode, 3-band EQ right on the guitar and plenty of switches besides.

- Line 6 JTV models - Basically the Line 6 POD of guitars. A bit of a departure, and certainly a love it or hate it sort of guitar, but they got James Tyler to design the latest line and he did a great job. Probably the most versatile plug and play guitar being made right now.
I am using a Marshall JMP 2203 for solid tube saturation. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll check them out.
Adding to the list of those above, I'd check out Carvin and US Masters, and of course, my favorite custom builder, Jon Kammerer.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
The original 'guitar with a built-in MIDI touchpad like the one Matt Bellamy plays' is made by Manson, if you want to go down that route. Artist in question has his hooked up to a Korg KP3, which is pretty cool. Sure you'll find that elsewhere too though, and any custom builder should be happy to do that for you.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jul 23, 2013,
Deff look at the MM JP6 models

If you can get over the locking nut, PRS CE24, Std24 and Cu24 are worth a look used

Ibanez JEM/Herman Li

Suhr is a good company, but might be a little harder to find
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
EBMM JP6/JPX/JPXI/BFR.
Suhr Satin.
Ibanez J Custom.
ESP Horizon.
Jackson Soloist
Carvin DC***
PRS CU22/24.

Are all guitars with great features, professional appearance and quality and will last you a life time.

Look in the right places and they are all on budget either new or used.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If I had your budget I would probably look into a Suhr. Carvin, Parker, and PRS might also enter the conversation.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.