Poll: Should UG introduce a lyric section?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should UG introduce a lyric section?
Yes
6 18%
No
23 70%
Maybe
4 12%
Voters: 33.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
The chord sheets pretty much serve this purpose.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
There are more than enough lyrics sites already.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
matthewzguitarz
537 IQ
Put maybe since I don't really see the point, most tabs already have lyrics.
AlexChesters
198 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
The chord sheets pretty much serve this purpose.

Quite a few songs don't have chord sheets though, and it's easier for a lyric to be uploaded than a chord sheet.
bball_fan01
73 IQ
The tubes are already clogged with websites devoted to lyrics. I said no.
terrapinturtle
122 IQ
just google search a song name then lyrics and you will get plenty of results plus chord sheets here have a lot of the lyrics too, kinda redundant if you ask me
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Songmeanings.net will always be better, so no.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Audible Warfare
1,144 IQ
This website is named Ultimate-Guitar not Ultimate-Vocals. If you want lyrics go Google them and I guarantee you'll get about a thousand results.
ruker
the iconflict
3,368 IQ
Quote by AlexChesters
Quite a few songs don't have chord sheets though, and it's easier for a lyric to be uploaded than a chord sheet.

That's why we have a "correction" option in the comments section for every tab. Just add the lyrics there, if the tab's author excluded them.
200dbFeedback
67 IQ
Yes, I think that would be a good idea. A 'one stop shop' kind of idea for music, I like it!
ConReid14
23 IQ
Most tabs have a link to lyricsmode.com, so really there's no point. Plus the million and one other lyrics sites already out there.
Jake2410
120 IQ
I think it should! I know the tabs and chords have the lyrics on, but generally the lyrics have been taken from another website, where the lyrics may not be 100% as most lyric websites do not get comments and suggestions for the lyrics like we go on UG for tabs (people correct us). So it'd be super for us to be able to have lyrics on here as members can help to make lyrics accurate.

It'd also be super cool if we could link the lyrics on here with tabs, so if lyrics got changed/updated, it would correct it on the chords too! ;D
jof1029
GO HOKIES!
2,175 IQ
there are issues with copyright laws, and UG would probably have to pay very different licenses than it does now. since there are so many other sites out there for lyics, i dont think it makes sense for UG to try compete on that front.
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Songmeanings.net will always be better, so no.

seriously this site ^ is the best, especially it's mobile site