Hi, I've been playing for almost a year now. The guitar I currently use is a older(not sure of date) squier strat. While I love it, I've been wanting a humbucker sound to play punk/alternative stuff like My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, and Pierce the Veil. I've narrowed my search to two guitars: The Epiphone Phant-o-matic and The epiphone Les Paul Studio. Both seem to be excellent guitars, but I wanted to know which is best for the kind of sound I want. If you have a different suggestion feel free to post that. Thanks!
Last edited by DarkForestKid at Jul 24, 2013,
Quote by DarkForestKid
Hi, I've been playing for almost a year now. The guitar I currently use is a older(not sure of date) squier strat. While I love it, I've been wanting a humbucker sound to play punk/alternative stuff like My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, and Pierce the Veil. I've narrowed my search to two guitars: The Epiphone Phant-o-matic and The epiphone Les Paul Studio. Both seem to be excellent guitars, but I wanted to know which is best for the kind of sound I want. I you have a different suggestion feel free to post that. Thanks!

Well the current Phant-o-matic details appear to peg it as a redesigned Wilshire based on the My Chemical Romance guy's guitar, so there is that at least. Personally I think it looks horrible, but it will give you more tonal options. The LP Studio appears to have the same basic pickups as every Epiphone and otherwise less options.

The only question left is can you stand having the Phant-o-matic in your house?
Quote by DarkForestKid
haha I actually like the way it looks. Thanks!
Phant-o-matic: one
LP studio: zero

Me too! My Wilshire was my first guitar and I love it dearly
two - nil
If you don't care for the extra volume and tone controls and instead want those random controls then go with the Phantomatic.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.