Hey guys, Quick question for you. I have a few pedals I was hoping to get some help with. I have the Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal, Boss C-3 Compression Sustainer, and the MXR M-108 Ten Band Graphic EQ. I play Skate Punk, Pop Punk styled music. Pennywise, Descendents, Early Blink ect. I was wondering what you suggest to put the settings at to get that type of sound? Also, what setting would I put my amp at to get that sound? I have the Marshall DSL 40 Combo.

Sorry, Im new to all of this. I just play lol. So any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Use the DS-1 as a boost not as a source of distortion. The amp should have plenty of gain to do that style music just fine.

Set the DS-1 level to max, the gain to 0-2 and the tone to what you like. This will boost your input signal and it makes a subtle change when using the amps gain channel. You will gain sustain and tighten the bass in the amp a little

I would use the EQ in the loop and that is a personal thing to learn what will work on your amp.

I never use a compression pedal so someone else will have to help on this one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Use the DS-1 as a boost not as a source of distortion. The amp should have plenty of gain to do that style music just fine.

Set the DS-1 level to max, the gain to 0-2 and the tone to what you like. This will boost your input signal and it makes a subtle change when using the amps gain channel. You will gain sustain and tighten the bass in the amp a little

I would use the EQ in the loop and that is a personal thing to learn what will work on your amp.

I never use a compression pedal so someone else will have to help on this one.

Perfect! Thank you!