hey guys. I want to be in a pop punk band, but I wouldn't consider myself a very good singer. However, I am not a beginner; I know how to control my voice well enough. My main problem is sometimes I sound like a kid talking instead of someone singing... if that makes sense. (I'm 17)

Anyway, I recorded this demo of me singing and playing Grand Theft Autumn by Fall Out Boy. (The recording is very bad quality, but hopefully you can still get the gist ) So is this serviceable? What should I try to change, and how? Should I take singing lessons? I really like singing, which is why I really want to be good at it. Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/guitarersingist/grand-theft-autumn-demo
Last edited by pushbuttonfour at Aug 1, 2013,
You have a lot of texture in your voice. Are you trying to add that or is your voice naturally like that? Trying to make your voice sound "crunchy" can mess up your cords if not done properly. I'm not a professional singer or anything but I think your voice would sound fine in a pop punk band. You remind me of the guy from Less Than Jake a lot. I'd say go for it! But singing lessons from a proper instructor never hurt anybody either
Quote by Tracii Lee
You have a lot of texture in your voice. Are you trying to add that or is your voice naturally like that? Trying to make your voice sound "crunchy" can mess up your cords if not done properly. I'm not a professional singer or anything but I think your voice would sound fine in a pop punk band. You remind me of the guy from Less Than Jake a lot. I'd say go for it! But singing lessons from a proper instructor never hurt anybody either

Thank you! Less Than Jake is my favorite band And thanks for the warning; I have been trying to add a little more "crunch" to my voice, especially singing Nirvana. I guess I should try to avoid that. There are ways to learn how to do that without damaging your voice, though, right?
Yeah dude, you sound like a cross between Vinnie and Roger. It's pretty cool. Keep up the good work.
i really like your voice and your voice goes great with that type of song. go for it work hard practice practice never give up youre good but with some more hard work you will be amazing!