Here's something new felluhs, whatcha think?

Leave a C4C link in comments please.

It is now complete!
Attachments:
Alt rock thing.gp5
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Aug 27, 2013,
In the beginning I was not prepared for that style and kind of whiny little riff but when the bass kicked in I started to like it. Cool melody on the piano. If you ask me what is the weakest part, i would tell you bar 33 to 40. It would be much better with more variations and response from bass to guitar and maybe adding something on the piano. Overall I liked it all the parts blend easily together.
Quote by Craziork
In the beginning I was not prepared for that style and kind of whiny little riff but when the bass kicked in I started to like it. Cool melody on the piano. If you ask me what is the weakest part, i would tell you bar 33 to 40. It would be much better with more variations and response from bass to guitar and maybe adding something on the piano. Overall I liked it all the parts blend easily together.

Thank you for the words kind sir! Making my music something you cant expect is exactly what I am striving for.

I myself had some doubts about bars 33-40 but kept it thinking "I'll work it out later". What would you suggest adding?

Quote by Drapte

Primus are quite the influence on me, infact the whole 90's-early 2000's alternative metal scene are an influence on me.
Pretty catchy tbh, reminds me a lot of OSI. Needs a bit more of a melody line though, something similar the electric piano sound you have.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Pretty catchy tbh, reminds me a lot of OSI. Needs a bit more of a melody line though, something similar the electric piano sound you have.

OSI? I do not know what that is.

Catchy AND unpredictable? That's too kind my friends.

You see, lately I have been concentrating a bit more on the piano, bass and drums sections than I do on the guitar. I am a guitar player but the bass is the first instrument I notice and perhaps the most important to me.

The Rhodes piano is an instrument which I adore and is the reason I want to learn piano in the first place(I am a fan of Ray Manzarek).
Quote by EpiExplorer
It sounds like Mission Impossible meets electro-rock with some prog thrown in. Sounds good, should develop the idea.

That's so sweet! Thank you!
I really liked this. For some reason reminds me a bit of 16-bit era game music (Megadrive). The rhythm section is pretty solid.

You should continue this
Quote by tritao
I really liked this. For some reason reminds me a bit of 16-bit era game music (Megadrive). The rhythm section is pretty solid.

You should continue this

Well, I am sure most tracks composed on Guitar Pro sound like early video game soundtracks.

Thank you!
groovy and funky, i love this kind of tritone funky thing. i did a similar thing once: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567317
it was then i started to experiment with other genres more often lol. the rhodes is sick, the next few riffs are heavy and groovy, and the synth bass sounds like a fat distorted bass, pretty cool. the solo on the verse was tasteful as ****. and the solo itself is groovy **** yes it is. the bridge is nuts, i love it
second chorus is cool.
the coda bit was cool as hell and i came with that lost chord rang. i love it, it reminds me of a more rock in rollish song from carcass, the song that named their following death 'n' roll band: black star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10LKX_JsZtA
overall pretty cool, nice job. 8/10
Quote by Ometh
groovy and funky, i love this kind of tritone funky thing. i did a similar thing once: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567317
it was then i started to experiment with other genres more often lol. the rhodes is sick, the next few riffs are heavy and groovy, and the synth bass sounds like a fat distorted bass, pretty cool. the solo on the verse was tasteful as ****. and the solo itself is groovy **** yes it is. the bridge is nuts, i love it
second chorus is cool.
the coda bit was cool as hell and i came with that lost chord rang. i love it, it reminds me of a more rock in rollish song from carcass, the song that named their following death 'n' roll band: black star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10LKX_JsZtA
overall pretty cool, nice job. 8/10

Wow man, thanks! That's a lot of compliments.

I used the two layers of bass to create a distorted bass sound without losing the bottom of the clean bass, so I guess that worked.

Thank you man, seriously, that's way too nice of you to say such thing.