Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Ahoy.

Since the forum been quiet lately, figured it's about time to inject some new blood into it.

So, let me introduce

Poccolus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCt91U1ON0 (track 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqq7RG5yQmg (full album)

An on-again, off-again band from Lithuania who's pedigree is about equally as mismatched as its career, which produced only one full-length among a small string of demos. The tone palette is apt for its time - 90's Enslaved-esque riffs and a cold sound. It feels rather familiar to most who heard a good share of 90's black metal. Yet despite this familiarity, the album has its own life and charm, with interesting and captivating progressions...

"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
I like it. It has a very "big" sound and I like the keys. Overall it's sounding pretty great.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

PSN: esunax
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Cool greater than the sum of its parts, for sure! The third track, that I posted at the beginning, has a particularly enchanting, forest-like atmosphere. Really tasteful, atmospheric album. Glad you like it

KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
severed-metal
moo
4,297 IQ
I've heard them before and I shrugged them off as another act from the 90s. Which they are, obviously, but nothing really struck me as warranting another listen.

Then you made this this thread and I'm listening, and I like it, but it's just going to be the same thing. Good though, definitely good. The keys play so nicely into it. Gotta give credit there.
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
hahah I guess I'm just a sucker for that 90's sound in general, when it's done properly and not just aping established templates. This album keeps drawing me in and painting forest images in my head, - evoking something that goes beyond the relatively simple compositions. But of course I can't speak for others

KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
It stands out to me more than some other stuff I've heard of the same style/decade, for some reason. I think even though it's similar structurally, it gets the atmosphere spot on. It's done pretty tastefully actually.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

PSN: esunax
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
2,379 IQ
From the samples anyway this sounds very good.

In a way it reminds me of Kvist - more than the sum of its parts, even if those parts arent always the most original. [and reminding me of Kvist is only ever a great thing - I love that band]
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"