Page 6 of 6
Abomination94
Nocturnal Dominion
359 IQ
7 now. The competition is looking interesting, it's quite close. I don't want to set a deadline just yet as I'm hoping everyone who recorded will review, give it a few more days.
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
I think the whole group segregation is what might've sealed its fate. for the next round and perhaps competitions one big pool of riffs one big pile of reviews, no groups, just so everyone's involved from the get go and not having to wait forever, everyone writes say the first week, everyone reviews in the upcoming 2 or 3 days as to not have so much dead time.
Abomination94
Nocturnal Dominion
359 IQ
Yeah man that seems to be the way to go. Also, I'm going to be away again for the next four days at least so if the last three reviews get posted and I'm not around just carry on with round two, I should be back to post my riff and the leaderboard in time.
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,591 IQ
Looks like only a couple more reviews left, cool. Here's the tab you were asking for Nosferatu. Thought I'd rather post it here to keep the chit-chat away from the game thread.
Attachments:
heavymetalroundriff.gp5
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
3,282 IQ
Sounds like the chorus riff from Entrance of the Conflagration :P
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,591 IQ
Quote by The Wildchild
Sounds like the chorus riff from Entrance of the Conflagration :P
*Youtubes "Entrance of the Conflagration"*

Ouch. But in all seriousness, rhythm-wise it is similar (one of the reasons I went with this riff was cause lots of heavy metal bands use those "before the one"-type rhythms (does anyone know what it's called, or do you just call it syncopation?)), as well as having harmonic minor scale note-choices (sounds like it anyways). Can't really see more to it than that, but that might be cause I was kinda jamming on a whole different vibe than Trivium when I wrote it haha.
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
Poseur! You fed us poison and now our souls are tainted!

hahaha but awesome thanks man! an awesome riff always deserves a tab :P it didn't disappoint. though it seems yours won the round haha. it least IMO as well though.

was my guitar out of tune however? kinda didn't notice lol or maybe it was the note choices? idk lol here's a tab, also, I guess I best make sure my guitar's properly tuned lol
Attachments:
Heavy Metal Riff Comp - Beneath.gp5
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,591 IQ
Haha, thanks. Yeah, I think it sounds a bit off-tune, you can hear it in that the chords sound dirtier than I think they're supposed to, but it's not all that bad, I get the idea perfectly well. I don't know, I'm a bit pedantic about being in tune sometimes. I'm not the greatest at tuning the guitar or anything, always takes me a while to get it just the way I want it to be, but I know it's pretty muchit bothers me if it's even slightly out of tune.

And as a fun side-note, due to the construction of the guitar, it's damn near impossible to have the whole guitar 100% in tune all across the neck, but that's a whole nother topic in itself.
The Wildchild
3,282 IQ
My 3rd string is a three-quarter step flat past the 12th fret. It makes leads sound diabolical though
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
The Wildchild
3,282 IQ
Hah, your riff out-Triviums the first one
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
pfft mine sounds nothing like Trivium, poseur! and hahaha I can't tell tbh, I probably ****ed up my ear [which is why I used to beg for tabs at all times til one day I magically developed some decent skills at it] by never tuning my guitar to the right tuning of the song I was learning when I started playing guitar...

it was an acoustic and going from E to B to C cmon no. and well you must be incredibly bugged by Timeghoul lol and their weird tuning, ALSO SOMEONE FINISH BOILING IN THE HOURGLASS or Rainwound, someone figure out that one weird chord riff at like 1:00 :> I tried, I failed.

for what it's worth my next riff for the comp will probably.. have more powerchords, who knows I haven't decided what riff I wanna submit for Thrash/Speed lol decisions decisions
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Sep 12, 2013,
The Wildchild
3,282 IQ
I think minor intervals work better when used in melodies rather than harmonies, because that is norsecore/metalcore territory.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
UnarmedLad
22 IQ
Wildchild (and Ultraussie if you're reading this), are you still going post your reviews?
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
do elaborate because tbh I have no idea what you mean lol. some examples perhaps. and it really depends, poseur ;P
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Sep 13, 2013,
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,591 IQ
Quote by UnarmedLad
Wildchild (and Ultraussie if you're reading this), are you still going post your reviews?
Would be nice to hear an answer to this question at least. There's only so many weeks we can let every round hang before everyone gets sick of paying attention to it. I think we should probably move on to the next round, these two can post their riffs on the thrash round if and once they get their reviews up.
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
Just wait till the nu-metal round, mother fucker.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

PSN: esunax
UnarmedLad
22 IQ
Abomination94, maybe it would be a good idea to make a schedule and edit it into the OP of the other topic. We wouldn't have to be strict about it, and if someone couldn't make a deadline it would probably be fine if they'd let it know beforehand, but I think it would help everyone and at least give us an idea of who's still active.
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,591 IQ
7 riffs so far. Well, that's over half. The people who haven't yet done theirs, please just let us know if you're not going to. That way it doesn't have to fade away like the Your Move game. Instead it will just wither away, round by round, til there's only a few people and we realize there's no point anymore.

But hey, Strangles was wrong, it lasted longer than two weeks!
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
Ill be recording and uploading today or tomorrow been busy as hell sadly
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
I hope to have one soon, real life has gotten in the way for the most part.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
The Wildchild
3,282 IQ
I pull out.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
I won't have time until this Friday, so don't kick me out before then.

Sorry, school life and such. I usually arrive home around 7 everyday, and I can't turn my amp up loud enough to record without pissing off my neighbors and my gf.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
1,145 IQ
I will be glad to join in and provide crappy phone recordings of metal riffs played on acoustic, if it makes the thing go any longer.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Wildchild
3,282 IQ
Quote by Kytokinesis
During anal or this competition?

One would be rude and the other would be noble
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Abomination94
Nocturnal Dominion
359 IQ
Hey dudes, I'm back, sorry I was away longer than I thought I'd be. It's late here and I'm tired as fuck so I'll have my riff recorded and uploaded after work tomorrow. Great to see everyone didn't give up on this while I was gone!
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
The ending to my thrash riff reminds me of something but I can't figure it out. The entire thing is super generic regardless but the ending sounds like something and it's bugging me
In my heart I'm with you

every night
RiffYourFaceOff
burned and died
160 IQ
I'll get my reviews up tomorrow, trying to decide if I will downtune my 6th string to spaghetti or keep it reasonable for the doom/stoner round.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."

Quote by genghisgandhi
I don't care what my dad says, you metalheads are alright.
Ramseus
eh?
146 IQ
Quote by Conservationist
Another forum struggles with this same issue:

http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=85421

Did blogs kill forums?

I can see why it could happen. They have more advanced threading/commenting now, with less of the drama and stupid features people added during the heyday of forums.

I don't understand why anyone would regularly comment on a blog...

I always don't know how anyone could even stand to read a thread on that eyesore of a forum, wtf is that it physically pained me to see it for half a second
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
I suspect that Reddit killed forums actually, which is ironic since Reddit is basically a badly laid-out forum. Also, Twitter and other "social" media.
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
You guys need to get off your asses and vote already.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Abomination94
Nocturnal Dominion
359 IQ
Hey so I've moved to a new city and I'm currently living in my bands practice space so I don't have internet. There is free wireless in the city center which I am using right now but it's a long walk and I won't be able to do it regularly. Keep going with the competition, I'll still be playing. I'll try get my riffs up on time but I might have trouble, and you might not see my reviews till the very end of the competition, or at least they'll be really late. Sorry for the inconvenience dudes.
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...