Hi, I recently bought a used Fender P-Bass from a guy I've known for several years now, and let's say I "trust" him. The thing is, the bass looks kind of strange to me... Something doesn't feel right, even though I got it with its original hard shell case. The "serial number" text looks strange as well. I will post the pictures for you:

*They were taken right now with my iPhone, but if you want I can take some more pictures of the finish and other details tomorrow in the morning.

IMG_9730 by brokentrumpet, on Flickr

IMG_9731 by brokentrumpet, on Flickr

IMG_9736 by brokentrumpet, on Flickr
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Last edited by Svennz at Aug 10, 2013,
i looked up the serial number. it says a fender instrument was build in corona, usa in 1998/9 with that serial number, but thats as much as i can offer
EDIT: the fender site says n8 + 6 digits are 1998/9 builds too
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Aug 10, 2013,
I have the same fender p bass and the decal on the headstock and the serial number look the same. the bass should be all good to go.
I will upload more pictures of the finish and some other details tomorrow. Thanks for the replies guys!
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI