Hey guys,
I am an intermediate - advanced guitarist who would like to pick up the bass. I was thinking of starting out with a budget bass and amp as I don't have that much money to spend. Could you please recommend a bass and amp that would cost under $250 together? I was thinking of getting the Ibanez SGR200 but can't really decide on an amp yet. Thanks for the help!
I am mainly a bass player. The Ibanez GSR200 or the SX from Rondo Music are both good choices. There are plenty of GSRs floating around used too, not because there is anything wrong with them, but probably because people take up bass and change their mind. The GSR has a slim neck, not sure about the sx neck.
Quote by janette.greene
I am mainly a bass player. The Ibanez GSR200 or the SX from Rondo Music are both good choices. There are plenty of GSRs floating around used too, not because there is anything wrong with them, but probably because people take up bass and change their mind. The GSR has a slim neck, not sure about the sx neck.

Would it be worth paying the extra for an SR300 over the GSR200?
Quote by Cs342
Would it be worth paying the extra for an SR300 over the GSR200?

Yes. One of my first basses was a GSR200. They are ok, but the hardware on them sucks. Go with the SR300.