GusM
Gus M.
552 IQ
Hey guys,

I've never worked with vocals edition/effects before, and now I'm looking for something to get some high pitched vocals.

How can I get it? Pitch correction? Pitch shifting? Please help me, because I'm totally noob at this area :x

Thanks a lot, best regards.
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
1,824 IQ
Have a look at melodyne editor.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
JWG2007
Tab Contributor
1,770 IQ
Quote by Spambot_2
Have a look at melodyne editor.

Melodyne is awesome. You can also use it on bass, if you have a bassist that beats the hell out of their instrument and it doesn't quite stay in tune.
GusM
Gus M.
552 IQ
I'm looking for something that can create high pitched clean vocals like post-hardcore bands but that doesn't sounds too fake, does the melodyne works on it?

There are any good tutorials for it out there?
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
It's called your larynx. They actually sing that high. Shifting the pitch higher makes it all chipmunk-like, because it affects the formants too. They usually use a ton of pitch correction to get the pitch right, though.
Post hardcore vocals are NOT easy. You will have to practice your ass off, or find someone else who can do them well.
And tutorials? Why can't you just google "melodyne tutorials"? Does Portugal not have google?
Last edited by Cavalcade at Aug 15, 2013,
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
1,824 IQ
Get yourself Logic X then.

It has a (for now monophonic) pitch editor that lets you do that, though you're probably be better off finding another vocalist to do such things.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
GusM
Gus M.
552 IQ
Actually I'm working with a vocalist that can sing, but as you know most of the post-hardcore chorus are pretty high and sometimes he needs some correction or to sing an octave down and get it up on the tone, that's why I'm asking for this kind of software.

I got melodyne yesterday and I'm having fun with it, it does miracles, I just don't know how to work on it pretty good yet, any tips?

Thanks a lot everyone.