pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
2,990 IQ
Prog rock song i finished a while ago and forgot to upload. tell me what you guys think!

also, while youre at it, can you check out this genre-switching prog metal song of mine i uploaded a while ago? ive gotten close to 200 views, but not a single comment D:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1606354&highlight=genre-switching

Edit: view the updated version instead. the first one had a bug during the clean bridge
Attachments:
Underwater sand in the hand.gp5
Underwater sand in the hand updated.gp5
Last edited by pAWNlol at Aug 16, 2013,
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
3,154 IQ
This sounds like an opening theme for an anime, but a ****ing awesome one.

You were damn right about it being catchy, yet somehow it was quite complex too.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
2,990 IQ
Quote by Guitar0player
This sounds like an opening theme for an anime, but a ****ing awesome one.

You were damn right about it being catchy, yet somehow it was quite complex too.

thats what my plan with my prog rock project was. semi-complex, but as much pure emotion as possible. my other prog rock songs that ive uploaded have been pure emotion
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
3,154 IQ
Quote by pAWNlol
thats what my plan with my prog rock project was. semi-complex, but as much pure emotion as possible. my other prog rock songs that ive uploaded have been pure emotion

I liked it and if you can please comment on my song space cadets that would be nice.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Zaqq
1,014 IQ
The title wasn't hopeful - super-catchy, heh? - but it appeared it indeed is super-catchy. The song is very upbeat (now I understand what you said about emotions), technical and with kewl instrumentals. I liked the solos very much Really liked your style too. Nothing to complain about here.
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
2,990 IQ
lol thank you zaqq, and double thank you for giving my song a chance, despite its title. and i got you guitar0player!
steviewondersov
65 IQ
Sounds promising, but I'd be happy to hear it played by a band... I also have a habit of composing with gp. Every now and then things just kinda get out of control. This time I decided to make it live and recorded this piece and instead of prog I prefer to call it "elevator metal"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WerJSsM-bCE
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
2,990 IQ
Quote by steviewondersov
Sounds promising, but I'd be happy to hear it played by a band... I also have a habit of composing with gp. Every now and then things just kinda get out of control. This time I decided to make it live and recorded this piece and instead of prog I prefer to call it "elevator metal"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WerJSsM-bCE

holy necroposting, batman!

lol thanks man, but im not like a lot of people on here. i actually do all my writing on the actual instruments (bass and drums are exceptions sometimes, mainly drums). i find that actually writing through a GP program makes the music lack in passion, and often makes it robotic sounding

also, no offense man, but a metronome could really do you some good. there were a few parts where the rhythm was a bit off in your recording
Last edited by pAWNlol at Dec 19, 2013,