Page 4 of 4
SaintVitus
gdnsgdfadsghb
80 IQ

Coming up with doom metal riffs is always fun and i've gotten the skeletons of at least 3 songs out of it so far so i can't be too pissed off.

I'm gonna periodically bump the thread by swearing at the people that haven't posted reveiws.

DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

SaintVitus
gdnsgdfadsghb
80 IQ
Jesus Christ it's been a month and a half since any riffs were given an arbitrary score out of 5!

Sanitarium
UnarmedLad
Jehannum
NosferatuZodd

Get your bloody thrash reveiws in!!!
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Kepulix
The Witchfinder
1,413 IQ
It's pretty safe to say that this thing is dead.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

SaintVitus
gdnsgdfadsghb
80 IQ
Yep, but i thought it would be a good idea to give it a kick in the arse before abandoning it.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

UnarmedLad
22 IQ
AAAHSCHOOLAAAH!!!

I will honestly try to write them (or at least give the scores) in a few days. I hope the rest will recommit too, because I really enjoyed this while it was going.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,915 IQ
^Join us then Basti. Look at the first post to see the two styles you missed (I think it was power metal, then thrash metal). I'll try to recommit in about two weeks when school is out if this thing gets going again.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Basti95
actual size
2,222 IQ
Cool! So what do i do, do i submit those two riffs?
SaintVitus
gdnsgdfadsghb
80 IQ
Quote by Basti95
Cool! So what do i do, do i submit those two riffs?

Yep, you'll also have to review all the other contestants riffs and give them a score out of 5.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Last edited by SaintVitus at Dec 1, 2013,
Basti95
actual size
2,222 IQ
Writing as i...type. So which group do i review?
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,915 IQ
Review both the heavy metal uploads and the thrash uploads. Maybe some fresh blood can breathe life into this again.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
UnarmedLad
22 IQ
Over the course of this, we dropped the idea of two separate groups. So just review everyone.
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
I don't think taking this to the pit will do anything. Why do you want to take this to the pit?

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Basti95
actual size
2,222 IQ
^because there'd be more people maybe, but i could be wrong.

No time for extensive reviews guys, sorry.

Helloween4Ever
Power: 3
Thrash: 2

Sanitarium91
Power: 4
Thrash: 4.5

The Wildchild
Power: 4.5

RiffYourFaceOff
Power: 3.5
Thrash: 3

UnarmedLad
Power: 2.5

Jehannum
Thrash: 2.5

Kytokinesis
Thrash: 2.5

SaintVitus
Thrash: 4

crazysam23_Atax
can't find his riffs?

The Virtuoso
Power: 3.5

NosferatuZodd09

Abomination94

palm mute
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,915 IQ
Your profile is set to private Basti, so I can't listen to your uploads until you either add me or change your privacy settings. I think taking this to the pit will bring in too many people and it will fall apart again. It fell apart with a few people, so I can't imagine bringing in more people will solve the problem.

You have to remember that this is an internet forum, which means I will not be punished for failing to live up to an online agreement, nor will I feel too bad about it. This is just the way most internet communities work. Like I said, I will rejoin with a doom upload sometime next week if people want to continue. I get my new Steinberger tomorrow, so I will be eager to test it.
Quote by Senor Kristian
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,915 IQ
Basti95
Power: 4/5. Good stuff. This is a nice, solid riff.

Thrash: 4/5. Solid riff, although I wish it had been a little bit faster to give it some more intensity.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,594 IQ
Uhm yeah, kinda lost interest, mostly because so many people weren't dropping their reviews. I'll try and do my reviews in a couple of days when I get time, probably thursday earliest, or something. It shouldn't be that hard to finish something like this, but I guess the more people there are involved the more likely it is to lose steam.
SaintVitus
gdnsgdfadsghb
80 IQ
If this takes off again it may be a good idea to restructure it to be more like the old covers competition it the pit. Users would have a month to come up with as many or as few riffs as they liked, these riffs would be grouped into different genres, at the end of the month the thread would be locked and various voting threads would open, one for doom, one for death etc. after a week votes would be tallied and the winner of each group would be declared. Rinse and repeat.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

EqualOfHeaven
The Great Sage
195 IQ
Quote by SaintVitus
If this takes off again it may be a good idea to restructure it to be more like the old covers competition it the pit. Users would have a month to come up with as many or as few riffs as they liked, these riffs would be grouped into different genres, at the end of the month the thread would be locked and various voting threads would open, one for doom, one for death etc. after a week votes would be tallied and the winner of each group would be declared. Rinse and repeat.

This sounds like a shit hot idea. I always have a few riffs tucked away without a song to put them to, this sounds like a nice way to showcase. Sounds more creative than the covers competition aswell, this must be done.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"