JNBloomy
70 IQ
I will be playing at a charity street party in a couple of weeks and haven't really thought what I'm going to play... so far I have decided on;
Here comes the sun - Beatles
Knocking on heavens door - Bob Dylan

I need a set of about 5 or 6 songs preferably and need to some ideas for a set list, any ideas would be helpful

I would like a set mixed with a couple of old songs and maybe one or 2 newer songs but that people are going to know... Nothing like wonderwall or any other over played songs..
Jehannum
Bant
120 IQ
Maybe 'Knocking On Heaven's Door' isn't quite the right title for older folk!

Elvis - Hound Dog
Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman
patticake
Acoustic Goddess
200 IQ
how much older is older? these may be good songs for those 50 to 60, but maybe not for those 70 to 80.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
stepchildusmc
30 IQ
i would think that anything popular from the late 60's and 70's should be fine. they should at least recognize the music. music that they'll identify with as well as music that's in your comfort zone. shouldn't be too hard to put the 2 together. it's not as important that they loved the songs when they were younger, only that they know it.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Captaincranky
30 IQ
Quote by Jehannum
Maybe 'Knocking On Heaven's Door' isn't quite the right title for older folk!

Elvis - Hound Dog
Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman

Pretty Woman is a great choice. Roy Orbison allegedly had a 6 octave vocal range.... Six seems a bit much, but I'd lay money on a solid 3 or 4.
tuxs
10 IQ
Brown Eyed Girl " Van Morrison" Baker Street " Gerry Rafferty" I want to know what love is. " Foreigner" Hallelujah " Lenard Cohen" Peaceful easy felling " Eagles". Let it be me " Everly Brothers" Under the Boardwalk " Drifters". That is one set we used to do for an older audience.
Cheers.