JakeFrmStatFarm
624 IQ
I got my guitar from a family friend of sorts, but I don't have the slightest clue what kind it is, beyond the fact that it says Gibson and Epiphone on it. My hope is that you can help me figure it out, because I don't even know how to start.

So, just ask for what you need to know!

UPDATE! Looking for some more opinions, because I may be selling the guitar soon, and the person who I got it from (who in turn got it from someone) thought that it was a nicer guitar than an Epiphone S-210 (1996-98). I'd hate to mislead/not get as much as possible for the guitar.

Sorry, for the bump, but I figured that was better than a whole new post, and this could sorta qualify as an update. I mean, I said update, didn't I?
Last edited by JakeFrmStatFarm at Nov 10, 2013,
Velcro Man
A person
1,036 IQ
Well, it's an epiphone, but pics would be nice...or a vague description...plus whether or not it's electric or acoustic.
ChrisN
I signed up for this?
201 IQ
As Velcro Man said, it's an Epiphone. To find the model, either post an image or search through epiphone.com for a match.
404: Sig not found.
zenbone
King of two things...
1,397 IQ
post pics or you can mail it to me to play er i mean "inspect" for a while to properly identify your guitar.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Preacher403
23 IQ
From the minimal information given and using my incredible powers of deduction...an Epiphone, possibly a Les Paul from the 90's.

Need pics.
JakeFrmStatFarm
624 IQ
I'll hopefully be posting a pic later this evening, but until then, guess I'll just throw out some details.

It's a six string electric, two tone knobs (dials? don't know the lingo, sorry!), with three pickups which I believe to be single-coil, 22 frets, made in Korea which someone told me means it's a little older. Looks wise, it's an orangish/woodish color in the center that fades into black on the edges with a white pick guard.

Is there anything else to say? I'll be putting a picture up in an hour or so.
JakeFrmStatFarm
624 IQ
I attached a picture of the neck/fretboard, and one of the body. Haven't the slightest clue how to put images directly into a post, so I hope this works as a replacement to that! Also, the quality is crap, but with a webcam at night, I think it is award winning.
Attachments:
Guitar Body.jpg
Guitar FretboardNeck.jpg
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,270 IQ
Those pictures really aren't good enough.

Take a picture of the headstock and the serial number along with pictures of the body in better lighting.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Looks like an Epiphone S series guitar, but is it a Lefty guitar? I cant find a left S series
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193
It looks like a strat knockoff Epiphone made I think in the early 2000s.

They started making them in the early/mid 1980's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
JakeFrmStatFarm
624 IQ
Alright! Upped my game, so I hope these pictures can be more illuminating. (It's a sad day when a iPhone is taking better pictures than my computer.) If you need better yet, there are a few things I could try, but I'm hoping that these are clear enough. Tried to choose a room that would make the guitar stand out, rather than dark colors on dark colors.
Attachments:
photo(4).JPG
photo(5).JPG
photo(6).JPG
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
It is an Epiphone S-210 made between 1996-98
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
paruwi
€pi Wiki Team
12 IQ
Quote by JakeFrmStatFarm
Alright! Upped my game, so I hope these pictures can be more illuminating. (It's a sad day when a iPhone is taking better pictures than my computer.) If you need better yet, there are a few things I could try, but I'm hoping that these are clear enough. Tried to choose a room that would make the guitar stand out, rather than dark colors on dark colors.

specs can be found here...

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/S-Series#S-210

ChrisN
I signed up for this?
201 IQ
Ahhh, I was wondering if it was that. The two-knobs/three-single-coils were decent clues.
I remember that from the very first Epiphone product catalogue I got before buying my first electric.
404: Sig not found.
JakeFrmStatFarm
624 IQ
Thanks everyone! Works well enough for a first guitar. Once I can string something recognizable together, think it'll be time to invest in something a little more impressive.
JakeFrmStatFarm
624 IQ
Sorry to bump an old post, but I saw somewhere that you were allowed to if you had an update. I'll be using a very loose definition of update.

Since I may be selling my guitar soon, I'd like to make sure that people gave me accurate info. Hopefully I can get some more opinions on it!
wildozer
Not A Registered User
703 IQ
The link that paruwi gave is the guitar you have. An Epiphone S-210. The info is accurate
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
2,330 IQ
i third the s-210. i used to own one.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.