Poll: What would you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do?
I would share it with the world regardless of what it said.
33 53%
I would not share it with the world regardless of what it said.
11 18%
I would only share it if it proved that (deity) DID exist
10 16%
I would only share it if it proved that (deity) DID NOT exist
8 13%
Voters: 62.
Page 2 of 2
Thrill-house
150 IQ
I wouldn't share it no matter what it proved. The side that's proved wrong wouldn't believe it and it would result in even more bitching than there is now.
bradulator
normcore
2,452 IQ
Quote by shelovemyguitar
The point is, in both religions, they aren't meant to be seen as gods. In both religions, they are meant as example or guide or whatever. In buddhism, buddha really isn't just a normal dude, he's like the jesus of buddhism basically.

And christianity really isn't about submitting to jesus.

wut.

In Buddhism you are correct, Siddhartha explicitly stated that he ain't no gawd.

But you are so wrong about Jesus and Christianity bro. Jesus is basically God in most Christian religions. He is meant to be worshiped. Christianity 101
shelovemyguitar
The "s" ^ didn't fit...
1,040 IQ
Quote by bradulator
wut.

In Buddhism you are correct, Siddhartha explicitly stated that he ain't no gawd.

But you are so wrong about Jesus and Christianity bro. Jesus is basically God in most Christian religions. He is meant to be worshiped. Christianity 101

Christianity 101 is the class you obviously didn't take. Jesus is seen as the son of god. Ever heard of that? He is to be worshiped as that, the son of god. Not an actual god.

Let's not go farther than that. You calling me wrong is actually pretty ironic already.

"the central figure of Christianity, whom the teachings of most Christian denominations hold to be the Son of God"
wiki****ingpedia
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Last edited by shelovemyguitar at Sep 14, 2013,
bradulator
normcore
2,452 IQ
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Christianity 101 is the class you obviously didn't take. Jesus is seen as the son of god. Ever heard of that? He is to be worshiped as that, the son of god. Not an actual god.

Let's not go farther than that. You calling me wrong is actually pretty ironic already.

"the central figure of Christianity, whom the teachings of most Christian denominations hold to be the Son of God"
wiki****ingpedia

Yeah you're really showing that you never took Christianity 101. If God were real you would be in hell because God would be pissed off at how wrong you are.
shelovemyguitar
The "s" ^ didn't fit...
1,040 IQ
Quote by bradulator
Yeah you're really showing that you never took Christianity 101. If God were real you would be in hell because God would be pissed off at how wrong you are.

Nice argument you've got there. It'd be cool if it wasn't so nonexistent. I don't give a shit. Hell is where the fun's at. I'm already on the ****ing highway anyway...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
If hell is anything like the Inferno by Dante Alighieri, it isn't fun at all.
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
196 IQ
Smoke weed every day.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
I would show everyone the truth.

However, since it's possible to have solid, physical proof of this being, then it must also be possible to destroy the being...

I'd go on living as usual, unless the god ended up being a dick. In that case, it'd be time for a rebellion.
jrcsgtpeppers
Tab Contributor
4,848 IQ
When we are talking about god, we are talking about the christian version of god right? The one mentioned in the bible right? The bible that says god created the stars, then earth, then the atmosphere, then the water (lol right?) then land vegetation (hold on for this) then the sun and moon (because the sun isnt a star?) then sea creatures (because sea creatures came after land veggies? come on, please research) then animals then man specifically? That god? if that god turned out to be true then i wouldnt have to completely rethink my life because i would be living in a totally separate reality that wasnt created by membranes clashing.
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes
2,464 IQ
It doesn't matter. Regardless of how convincing the proof, people would still continue to believe whatever they want. You know it's true. Stubborn bastards

Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
I think I'd just destroy it and carry on with my life. It would make absolutely no difference to the world, as a vast majority of people already think that God has given us a document that proves his existence - one would simply be becoming another in a long line of prophets.

If the god turned out to be one of the ones we've 'discovered', i.e. the god of Abraham, I don't think I'd believe it if I had irrefutable proof, perhaps a fault on my part; the events and actions attributed to him are just too grotesque and impossible to be believed.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
MattMez
The Unknown
70 IQ
I'd be all like "Where were you God when I was growing up? I counted on you so many times and you never came through for me! It was down to me to score that winning goal, I took the shot and said please god let this go in. But you let it sail straight past the post, and I was tormented for months at school. Forget you man I don't need you, I got this far by myself and I'm fine. You had your chance"
entity0009
UG's Null.
534 IQ
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
It doesn't matter. Regardless of how convincing the proof, people would still continue to believe whatever they want. You know it's true. Stubborn bastards

See: Creationism
🙈 🙉 🙊
Shotgunmerc
I Need Money
732 IQ
Quote by Amuro Jay
buddha is not a deity, why have i come across so many people who think that

people don't actually worship buddha, do they?

Admittedly I'm under-informed on Buddhism. I learned about it in 9th/10th grade but it's been a while.

I think Brahmin is one of the Buddhist deities now that I think about it? I don't remember
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
If (the Abrahamic) God didn't exist, I'd carry on with my life as usual. Assuming that's the God OP is implying.

If God did exist and Jeebus was really the son of God, I'd be pretty bloody mad at him. I'd still share it with the world though.
Quote by Shotgunmerc

I think Brahmin is one of the Buddhist deities now that I think about it? I don't remember

Bramin is part of Hindu, not Buddhism.

The Dalai Lama is not a representation of any god. He is merely a guru or sorts. Buddhism is generally considered to be an atheistic belief.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 14, 2013,
bradulator
normcore
2,452 IQ
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Admittedly I'm under-informed on Buddhism. I learned about it in 9th/10th grade but it's been a while.

No that's hinduism. There are no Buddhist deitiies that are required to worship in order to be a buddhist. Some do believe in certain deities but believing in them is basically unnecessary.
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
Share it. It would probably cause a monumental shit storm, but I'm all for sharing knowledge and I think something like that would be too important to keep to myself.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
I would keep it to myself until I found an appropriate time to release the information. But I wouldn't necessarily be searching for an opportunity, I'd just mention it if relevant.

Quote by Amuro Jay
buddha is not a deity, why have i come across so many people who think that

people don't actually worship buddha, do they?

Some Hindus do because they consider him to be the 9th incarnation of Vishnu. He's my dad's favorite deity lol

Quote by Shotgunmerc

Brahma (also spelled as Brahman) (but Brahman can also refer to a lot of other things but they are spelled differently in Sanskrit and when you translate to English it's spelled the same) is a Hindu deity.

There are no deities in Buddhism but Brahma refers to the end of the 8 fold path or something like that. I'm not sure of the exact meaning but it's something to do with reaching perfection.

A Brahmin is someone from the highest caste of Hindu society. It's associated with priests and educators etc but nowadays you don't have to be one to be in it, it's just something you're born into. There are lots of smaller communities and sub-castes within the Brahmin group
cat
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle
59 IQ
I would share it with everyone because it is better to know than it is not to know.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
saranam
147 IQ
if i found out God didnt exist for sure (which I wont) it would be no more mister nice guy my family would have the best of everything and want for nothing after all if theres no consequences why would any stay on the breadline
Jehannum
Bant
2,440 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
we have that document its called the BIBLE ok

The idea that the Bible is proof of God is risible; pitiful.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
What deity? If it's the deity of the Abrahamic religions then I would join Satan's horde 'cause I'm awesome and that god sucks ass.

I'm not joking.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
What deity? If it's the deity of the Abrahamic religions then I would join Satan's horde 'cause I'm awesome and that god sucks ass.

I'm not joking.

But Satan is merely one of God's creations. If you're going to be worshiping what He considers evil, you may as well worship the root of all evil- God himself.
Quote by Axelfox
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
But Satan is merely one of God's creations. If you're going to be worshiping what He considers evil, you may as well worship the root of all evil- God himself.

That's not cool, though.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
That's not cool, though.

If you want to be cool in that scenario, remain an Atheist and post about it on reddit.
Quote by Axelfox
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you want to be cool in that scenario, remain an Atheist and post about it on reddit.

That's the opposite of cool.

Like, jesus, don't you even know what cool is!?
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
That's the opposite of cool.

Like, jesus, don't you even know what cool is!?

I do, but some of us don't
Quote by Axelfox
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Well, **** those people.

Hellz yeah.

Worshiping some deity so they get to spend eternity in bliss after they die? What a load of squares. Who the hell would want that?
Quote by Axelfox
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
196 IQ
Quote by saranam
if i found out God didnt exist for sure (which I wont) it would be no more mister nice guy my family would have the best of everything and want for nothing after all if theres no consequences why would any stay on the breadline

Are you implying that your morality only comes from a fear of going to hell? What a shitty way to live.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by saranam

I just saw this. What the **** is wrong with you?
The4thHorsemen
?
2,542 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
That's not cool, though.

If you want to be cool, just smoke cigarettes.