jkizzle
174 IQ
Ok so this is going to sound really basic but I've been an acoustic player for quite some years and just recently got into electric, and I just bought an instrument cable that has an L shaped connector but only on one end. Is this supposed to go into the guitar or the amp??
godgrinder
414 IQ
Doesnt matter.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
do you have a link to the cable?

Odds are it doesn't matter, though, assuming it's a bog standard mono instrument cable. cables aren't directional, despite what marketing may say.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
Agree with the above, unless...

On a guitar like that with the jack input on the front rather than the side of the guitar, you probably want the L shaped end in the guitar.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ yeah good call. Even on the side, arguably the right-angled jack is handier than straight. But it's pretty much preference either way.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Wicer
Another Guitar Player...
445 IQ
A straight end fits more nicely with guitars like this: