jkizzle
40 IQ
Ok so this is going to sound really basic but I've been an acoustic player for quite some years and just recently got into electric, and I just bought an instrument cable that has an L shaped connector but only on one end. Is this supposed to go into the guitar or the amp??
godgrinder
50 IQ
Doesnt matter.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
do you have a link to the cable?

Odds are it doesn't matter, though, assuming it's a bog standard mono instrument cable. cables aren't directional, despite what marketing may say.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
238 IQ
Agree with the above, unless...

On a guitar like that with the jack input on the front rather than the side of the guitar, you probably want the L shaped end in the guitar.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
^ yeah good call. Even on the side, arguably the right-angled jack is handier than straight. But it's pretty much preference either way.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Wicer
Another Guitar Player...
30 IQ
A straight end fits more nicely with guitars like this: