WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
6,023 IQ
Really gotten into them lately. They are so much more than All Right Now. That song isn't even a good representation of their music. Paul Kossoff is easily my favourite guitarist. Anyone else love Free?
Rensa
Rene
3,103 IQ
Most underrated band ever. They always give my this home kind of feeling. Id say they are my favourite. Rodgers has a great voice. Kossoffs guitar playing influences me miles. Frasers bass runs made everything just so great. And the drums were very different but simple.
WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
Quote by Rensa
Most underrated band ever. They always give my this home kind of feeling. Id say they are my favourite. Rodgers has a great voice. Kossoffs guitar playing influences me miles. Frasers bass runs made everything just so great. And the drums were very different but simple.

Rogers had an awesome voice back in the day but now, it's phenomenal. Watched him play Wishing Well with Queen and I was left in awe. His voice has gotten so much better somehow.
Jes Johnson
82 IQ
Oh yeah, Paul Rodgers is one of the most talented singers in rock, and All Right Now is one of my favorite songs.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
Only got their Greatest Hits, but it's all pretty cool - same goes for Bad Company.

My band cover Wishing Well & All Right Now, the crowds always like them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
Do you play All Right Now right? Or do you think you do? It's a very easy song but EVERYONE plays it wrong.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
That depends what you mean by 'wrong'!

We play the version that was released in the 90s so you could argue there's a bit of the solo missing, but aside from that we stay as true to the original as possible.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
You know, using your pinky to get the low A in the main riff, alternating the main riff. Hard to explain. First part you fret the A on the G string. Then you let the G string ring. Then everyone thinks that's it. But it's not. Kossoff's alternate between the two. First he plays it with the A fretted. Then the open G, then starts on the op G, then the fretted A etc.... You follow? I've Been tempted to do a tutorial on this cuz everyone plays it wrong.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
TBH, I'm not sure I do follow - are you saying you alternate using your pinky to play a low A on the G string? Calling the 2nd fret A on the G string low doesn't sound right to me!

Think that tutorial is needed so I can understand what you're trying to say!
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
If it's too loud SHUT UP!
166 IQ
I agree that everybody plays it wrong, especially since I heard the demo version that is pretty different than the radio version, but made me revisit the chord changes and look at all the wrong tabs out there.

And I also dubbed Free as the band Bad Company just couldn't be.