Hello Forum,
I'm a big fan of playing blues with changes that spice it up a bit. Stormy Monday and songs like that. Thing is, these more interesting changes seem limited to the slow blues. Maybe you can find some jazzier song like "i don't need no doctor" with fun chords, but that's about it.

Any of you guys have any ideas? Something that makes the crowd dance - but not slow dance?

thanks in advance!
Almost any of Stevie Ray Vaughan's stuff. Check out House is a Rockin for a fun, albeit pretty simple song; and also listen to Pride and Joy and Rude Mood. Rude Mood is really unique, a four minute instrumental at close to 200 bpm that features a lot of funky, catchy licks.
Doing some thread necromancy here to see if I get more answers the other time around. An example of the type of songs I'm looking for is The Stumble (which is an instrumental). And "non-standard changes" is more important than "faster" as long as it's not a 12/8 slow blues.

Or maybe I should do Stormy Monday (Allman bros. version) but at 130bpm 4/4?
Not so hard to add some lightning to something like Stormy Monday...

Assuming you know the song well, here are some "changes"... I'm just going to list them in order without concern for timing - just get so that you can play through them easily and you'll hear how they work through the song... let me know how it works out or if you have any questions.

I chord
(x) (8) (9) (9) (8) (x)
(x) (9) (10) (10) (11) (x)
(x) (8) (9) (9) (8) (x)
(x) (8) (9) (8) (11) (x)

IV chord
(x) (7) (8) (7) (8) (x)
(x) (7) (8) (6) (8) (x)

I chord
(x) (8) (9) (9) (8) (x)
(x) (9) (10) (10) (11) (x)
(x) (8) (9) (9) (8) (x)
(x) (8) (9) (8) (11) (x)

IV chord
(x) (7) (8) (7) (8) (x)
(x) (7) (8) (6) (8) (x)

I chord
(x) (8) (9) (9) (8) (x)

ii chord
(x) (10) (11) (10) (13) (x)

iii chord
(x) (7) (7) (7) (8) (x)

biii chord
(6) (x) (6) (7) (8) (x)

ii chord
(x) (x) (5) (5) (5) (7)
(x) (7) (7) (7) (8) (x)

bVI chord
(x) (9) (10) (9) (12) (x)

V chord
(x) (15) (16) (15) (18) (x)

turnaround

I chord
(x) (14) (14) (14) (15) (x)

VI chord
(x) (12) (13) (12) (15) (x)

ii chord
(x) (11) (11) (11) (12) (x)

V chord
(x) (9) (10) (9) (12) (x)

I chord
(x) (8) (9) (9) (8) (x)

VI chord
(x) (7) (6) (7) (8) (x)

bIII chord
(6) (x) (6) (5) (5) (x)

ii chord
(5) (x) (5) (5) (5) (x)

bVI chord
(x) (6) (5) (6) (6) (x)

V chord
(x) (5) (4) (5) (6) (x)

bii chord
(4) (x) (4) (3) (3) (x)

I chord
(x) (2) (3) (2) (3) (x)
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Hello dear friends..i am searching for tabs of dont be there by switchfoot...i did not find it anywhere...can you guys help me out...will be waiting brothers
PlusPaul
Hello dear friends..i am searching for tabs of dont be there by switchfoot...i did not find it anywhere...can you guys help me out...will be waiting brothers
Quote by vipinrajmathias
PlusPaul

Welcome to the forum!
I have never used tabs, but this forum does have a tab requests section where you may check there to see if has been done.
Quote by reverb66
vipinrajmathias 
It sounds like nonstandard tuning so I checked on youtube - found this tutorial for the song in which he mentions the tab for the song and where to see it (see the video comments for the link).

Quote by reverb66
Last edited by PlusPaul at May 3, 2017,