Hello everyone
I'm looking for a bridge for the guitar that i am building that does not require additional routing. The only specification I'm looking for is for it to have some type of vibrato system. Are Bigsbys the only ones like this? Thanks, and apologies if this topic has been answered already.
Yeah the Bigsby type trem is your best option. There are some similar trems that are less expensive
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Depends on the guitar. There are several trems for guitars like the Les Paul that don't require routing (Stetsbar, etc.). The Bigsby with a Vibramate works, too. But none of them work as well as a Floyd Rose or a Kahler, both of which require routing. The Kahler requires routing only on the top of the guitar (there's no separate spring cavity on the back of the guitar).