ambler3
Cardiff
1,038 IQ
Soon I'm probably going to create my own pedalboard as I'm soon going to have a fair few pedals. When my two new ones arrive I will have these:
1) Korg Pitchblack tuner
2) Digitech Bad Monkey
3) Boss NS-2
4) peavey VK footswitch
(possibly get an EQ pedal in the future)

My question is, how to power them.
At the moment, I have two 9V power cables, and that is fine for the moment, but with my new pedals, how should I power them?

I was thinking I could get a daisy chain, and connect them using one 9V power cable, then chain the power to other pedals. Would this be possible/would it damage my equipment?
I know I could get a brick, but well, they're expensive and funds are limited.
Last edited by ambler3 at Oct 11, 2013,
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
1,824 IQ
Something like this?

If that's the case, you're fine until your pedals' required current doesn't exceed the maximum power output of your supply.
In that case I don't really know if the pedals would just have less headroom or if you would cook the power supply.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
DroptuneD
Muff Diver
1,832 IQ
One Spot power supply with a 5 daisy chain.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
if you already have the ns2 you might as well try it and see if you're getting any noise. if not, sorted.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

gay4slipknot
169 IQ
Get something like a power brick, just will hum less, or if you're a bit more serious, voodoo labs pedal power 2 (Y)
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
isn't a power brick a glorified daisy chain? I mean if he already has an NS2 it's a daisy chain...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

ambler3
Cardiff
1,038 IQ
Cheers for the answers, i'll probably just kick my tuner pedal out for the moment, and replace it with the bad monkey for the moment while I decide what to do, as I could just grab a cheap power brick for £30-40

Saying that, just found a HB powerplant on gumtree for £15, so might grab that next weekend.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
you don't need to, the ns2 will power your pedals with a daisy chain lead.
Quote by classicrocker01