letsgetcokes
50 IQ
I just picked up a Boss DD-7 the other day and am wondering where it should go in my pedal chain. I currently run guitar > Boss tu-3 > Wah > Phaser > Boss Space Echo > DD7> amp. I was experiencing some weird tones running the dd7 behind the space echo though. Any idea why this would be happening, or should I just run the dd7 first? To clarify: by weird tones, i just mean it sounded a little gritty and not as clean.
Blackfire.
Per Mare Per Terras
30 IQ
Quote by letsgetcokes
I just picked up a Boss DD-7 the other day and am wondering where it should go in my pedal chain. I currently run guitar > Boss tu-3 > Wah > Phaser > Boss Space Echo > DD7> amp. I was experiencing some weird tones running the dd7 behind the space echo though. Any idea why this would be happening, or should I just run the dd7 first? To clarify: by weird tones, i just mean it sounded a little gritty and not as clean.

Put your delay in the FX loop.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
520 IQ
Are they on separate power supplies? I think big pedals like the Space Echo should pretty much be kept on their own separate supply.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
letsgetcokes
50 IQ
They are both being run off of my SKB pedalboard. Do you think this could have something to do with it?
Jhachey22
Bαnned on the Run
322 IQ
Does this happen when the RE20 is off or on, or both? The RE20 messes with your repeats to make it sound like a real Space Echo. If you're running your DD7 before it, and have the RE20 on, it will probably do the same to the DD7's repeats.

If it happens whether or not the pedal is on, maybe it's just a bad cable somewhere along the line.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
60 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
Are they on separate power supplies? I think big pedals like the Space Echo should pretty much be kept on their own separate supply.

I don't think this would be that bad. I ran a DD-20, RE-20 and 6 other pedals on a one spot with virtually no noise.

It could be the RE-20 clipping and stuff as it does.

TS, why don't you just try it and see if it helps?
letsgetcokes
50 IQ
Quote by Blackfire.
Put your delay in the FX loop.

My amp dpesn't have an fx loop but the pedal board has a built in one
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
60 IQ
The FX Loop on your Pedalboard is just so you can route your cables a little nicer. It does nothing for the sound of your pedals going into your amp.
chatterbox272
100 IQ
Insufficient power could definitely introduce some grit into the sound, so I'd try a separate power brick first, and check that it's not a crappy cable.