What would be the issues with doing this?
The thinking being that on stage I could get the speakers nearer my ear, so I can turn down the volume more along with every other loud barsteward on stage to avoid the ridiculous volume escalation (war?) that goes on. Then with another 2x12 extension cab below (also on it's side) I could have a 4-speaker-high tower. Better than a 4x12 half stack IME.

Would tubes or internals be harmed?
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
The amp will be fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
nothing actually. i bought an avatar cab and asked them yo put the feet on the end to stand it up vertically. it does exactly what you said, raises the speakers and helps sound dispersion.

only downside - you pretty much need a lunchbox or mid size head to fit on top. a full size 100 watter isnt going to fit on most normal sized 2x12s.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
nothing actually. i bought an avatar cab and asked them yo put the feet on the end to stand it up vertically. it does exactly what you said, raises the speakers and helps sound dispersion.

only downside - you pretty much need a lunchbox or mid size head to fit on top. a full size 100 watter isnt going to fit on most normal sized 2x12s.

Looks funny but still works
(Thats a 1x12)