Page 140 of 140
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Quote by Thrashtastic15
are there emulators for the newer pokemon games like the gen 3 remake etc thatd be fun to try

not yet i don't think

3ds emulators are barely working so far

edit: lol, just tried downloading Citra and it says this publisher is blocked from running software on my machine
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Yesterday
archangels
HAIL SK8N
599 IQ
Quote by Thrashtastic15
nonsense emulators are objectively better speed the slow shit up so i dont waste my fkn time

Honestly I'm on this train but I still would never sell my old games. No way.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i only sell games now in cases now where i know im not gonna replay them or i own a better version like P4 Golden.

all the pokemon games are likely gonna get VC releases eventually, and i have little interest in replaying them anyway. i just want to catch all the mons and my copies of Black and White2 are just kind of a means to an end.

still not getting rid of Black just yet because i wanna replay it to farm more legendaries to transfer to the current gen.

White2 ill probably keep even longer for farming Dream Radar legendaries.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Yesterday
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Looking forward to SupaHot Fire Red tbh

institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
i have no attachment to keeping a collection of physical copies of games
i have two stacks of them in my closet but that's only bc i don't want to give them away for free, but they're also all worthless 360 games that won't sell for shit so i don't wanna bother even trying to sell them

i don't even have room for games. not only do i not game on console anyway, but i have too many shelves of books to have a game collection
matt bickerton
wants a better username
3,160 IQ
Do you guys not replay older Pokémon games much then?

I'd say I restart an old game probably once every year or two - could be any of them.

I'd legit never even be willing to part with my gameboy pocket/original version of Pokemon Red as I know there'll come a time when I'd play it again.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
yeah but i use emulators

megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton
Part of the appeal of Pokemon games for me is that I can play them wherever. I can spend my bus/train journey into work doing a bit more grinding, or just something to pick up while I've got 10-15 minutes spare.

I'd never choose an emulator over a physical/real copy, personally.

I've got my emulators on my phone.

That being said, I did want to get a copy of soul silver specifically since Silver was the first pokemon game I owned all to myself and wanted to relive the nostalgia. I took a look at the prices and scoffed. I get the market and all that, but no pokémon game is worth that much, and it annoys me that there are people keeping the demand up by spending so much.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Shotgunmerc
I Need Money
731 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton
Do you guys not replay older Pokémon games much then?

I'd say I restart an old game probably once every year or two - could be any of them.

I'd legit never even be willing to part with my gameboy pocket/original version of Pokemon Red as I know there'll come a time when I'd play it again.

I do this more with other games (Mario, Zelda, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie in particular) than Pokemon because Pokemon is a pain in the ass early game. With that being said, I recently did a Nuzlocke in Platinum, which is the first pokemon I game I really owned (I had played Red back in the day on friends gameboys and I also emulated it once but it's not the same) and I loved it. I plan on doing another Nuzlocke in Pokemon Y at some point in the future, and I plan on trying the Catholic Challenge in Platinum at some point down the road.

TL;DR I don't usually replay pokemon because early game in pretty much every single game is reallllllllly slow
matt bickerton
wants a better username
3,160 IQ
Progressing nicely with X now, I've finally got used to the camera angles and my desire to want to move it myself has gone now that I realise the shot it 'forces' on you is essentially the most useful one at the time.

Holy shit though, being given an exp share that early is some weak ass shit. I'd heard it was early, but I didn't know it was that bad - like before you've even left the city where you beat the first gym I didn't mind using it in previous games - I specifically remember in Red version you don't really get it until you've beaten like 6 gyms? Taking on the whole game with one though seems totally stupid.

I guess in a way it basically acts as a difficulty switch. 'On' is easy mode, 'off' is normal. I suppose in a way I'm grateful that you can actually turn it off, considering it goes straight into your key items. If you couldn't, that probably would've stopped me playing there and then.

Also, Christ almighty did it take ages to find a male Litleo.
Last edited by matt bickerton at Yesterday
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton
Progressing nicely with X now, I've finally got used to the camera angles and my desire to want to move it myself has gone now that I realise the shot it 'forces' on you is essentially the most useful one at the time.

Holy shit though, being given an exp share that early is some weak ass shit. I'd heard it was early, but I didn't know it was that bad - like before you've even left the city where you beat the first gym I didn't mind using it in previous games - I specifically remember in Red version you don't really get it until you've beaten like 6 gyms? Taking on the whole game with one though seems totally stupid.

I guess in a way it basically acts as a difficulty switch. 'On' is easy mode, 'off' is normal. I suppose in a way I'm grateful that you can actually turn it off, considering it goes straight into your key items. If you couldn't, that probably would've stopped me playing there and then.

Also, Christ almighty did it take ages to find a male Litleo.

Not to rehash this, exp share before split the exp gained between the pokémon in battle and the one holding it. Now, it creates Exp for those and everyone else in the party as well. At least if it was like the exp all in Red, it wouldn't be terribly broken

But yeah, /rant
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

matt bickerton
wants a better username
3,160 IQ
Quote by megano28
Not to rehash this, exp share before split the exp gained between the pokémon in battle and the one holding it. Now, it creates Exp for those and everyone else in the party as well. At least if it was like the exp all in Red, it wouldn't be terribly broken

But yeah, /rant
Oh yeah you're right, I forgot about that. Previously it was a good way to 'easily' train a single weak Pokemon at a time without having to switch it out at the start of a battle.

Yeah that wouldn't be so bad if you were given one of those at the start of the game, instead of this one which trains every single one.
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Basically. My main gripe is that an item that was useful in bringing a new pokémon up to speed with the rest of your team, or making it possible to train something like Magikarp, which doesn't even have the ability to battle until it's lvl 15 was put on steroids and given back to where it makes the entire game a breeze. But there's no alternative if you just wanted to play the game like 'normal'.

As I mentioned before, the makers obviously keep the meta game in mind with the additions, the training of EVs, and now, IVs among other things. They could create a 'hard mode' that didn't require millions to execute.

Onto my Nuzlocke though, my team doesn't feel like a Nuzlocke team, I'm running

Smores - Charizard lvl 36
Oracle - Kadabra lvl 36
McNugget - Pidgeot lvl 36
Fo Sheezy - Vaporeon lvl 36
No Tears - Snorlax lvl 37
Colorado - Vileplume lvl 38

I didn't know what the deal was about getting slot machine pokémon, but a potential Dragonite on a Nuzlocke just felt cheap. Got a little lucky against Koga, but it's been fairly smoothe since.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I want to buy a cheap old Pokemon game just to do a nuzlocke. I don't like the idea of deleting the data on my games
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox
I want to buy a cheap old Pokemon game just to do a nuzlocke. I don't like the idea of deleting the data on my games

This is where emulators are your friends.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox
I no have computer ):
Got a smartphone?
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
RAB11
#DARETOZLATAN
121 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox
Oui, an iPhone 5s

Download MyBoy (GBA) or OldBoy (GBC) then. Really good emulators.

I'm currently playing Old School Gold alongside my OR Nuzlocke just for a laugh.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11
Can't wait for The Darwin Awards: Pokemon Go Edition this Christmas
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by RAB11
Download MyBoy (GBA) or OldBoy (GBC) then. Really good emulators.

I'm currently playing Old School Gold alongside my OR Nuzlocke just for a laugh.

This

My old boy is much more streamlined imo and it's very good on the layout.

My red Nuzlocke is entirely on my phone
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Nuzlocke really depends on the game, how well you know it and how willing you are to bend rules. Like for example you have to catch the first Pokemon you see per area but there is no rule saying you can't filter some of the results with a repel....
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by losing battle
Nuzlocke really depends on the game, how well you know it and how willing you are to bend rules. Like for example you have to catch the first Pokemon you see per area but there is no rule saying you can't filter some of the results with a repel....

It's more the Spirit of the Nuzlocke that keeps it entertaining. Imo I catch every first pokémon from an area that I can and then choose to include them or not based on the typing of my current team. Looking to assemble a very specific team ruins it a bit imo.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

RAB11
#DARETOZLATAN
121 IQ
Quote by megano28
It's more the Spirit of the Nuzlocke that keeps it entertaining. Imo I catch every first pokémon from an area that I can and then choose to include them or not based on the typing of my current team. Looking to assemble a very specific team ruins it a bit imo.

Yeah that's how I'm approaching it. Got very lucky on a couple catches (Seedot and Abra being ones I definitely wanted that I managed to get) and now I have a few that are ready to replace any deaths with is good.

Quote by RAB11
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
The only pokémon I always try to shoot for is Gyarados, only because of some very heavy nostalgia towards it. I avoided all patches of grass to be able to purchase the magikarp, raised him and risked death to get him up to the point where he could learn tackle. First battle I figured he could handle, a drowzee crits him 2x as bad as I would have anticipated, and now fisheevee fills a gyarados shaped hole in my team 😭

I am appreciating Vileplume and Pidgeot much more than I normally would though. I typically beeline'd it to aerodactyl and didn't bother with a grass type. Snorlax is op as hell though. He ripped through all of his battles. And Abra was a freak catch on a patch of grass I was trying to avoid I did cheat a bit and modified the rom to allow trading evolutions to level up instead, but I felt that was fair given the circumstances.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Last edited by megano28 at Today
RAB11
#DARETOZLATAN
121 IQ
Yeah I like to go for Gyarados early on too partially for nostalgia but also because its moveset is so big it's always useful for the Elite 4.

Abra was a freak catch for me too, almost always takes half a dozen goes. Was fully expecting to come out of the cave I got it in with a Zubat.

Definitely like the way it's forced me to use different Pokemon though. Like Whismur I've never given a second thought to in all my playthroughs of Ruby but it ended up being really useful until it died.

Quote by RAB11
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Wismur is solid though not like the ferret though those random rare candy.... drool
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
matt bickerton
wants a better username
3,160 IQ
Quote by Kaminszakr
I have collected 98 Pokemon still playing
Pokemon Go is that?

I'm at the stage where my interest in it is starting to wane unfortunately...

I've caught 64, but it's almost at the stage now where I'm only ever seeing the same Pokemon over and over again. I went into London yesterday hoping to find some different Pokemon, but I may as well just have been walking around at home based on how little the variety seemed to be.

I'm level 22, so it's going to take my 100,000 XP to get to the next level.

I guess it feels like a game where the rewards become harder to come by the longer you play - to the point where putting in the time doesn't feel as worth it.
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by RAB11
Yeah I like to go for Gyarados early on too partially for nostalgia but also because its moveset is so big it's always useful for the Elite 4.

Abra was a freak catch for me too, almost always takes half a dozen goes. Was fully expecting to come out of the cave I got it in with a Zubat.

Definitely like the way it's forced me to use different Pokemon though. Like Whismur I've never given a second thought to in all my playthroughs of Ruby but it ended up being really useful until it died.

Yeah, in gen 1 though he's actually not all that great. A lot of his moves don't allow for the full use of his attack stat.

Whismur is actually pretty great though. Exploud is a great mixed attacker for the basic game. It has a huge movepool and decent att/sp.att stats.

The next Nuzlocke that allows it, I'm doing a wonder trade Nuzlocke, just so I don't have control of the pokemon I'm given at all.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

AnAngrySquirrel
125 IQ
Every time I consider going back and replaying an old game I remember that physical and special moves were based on type and just change my mind immediately.
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Every time I consider going back and replaying an old game I remember that physical and special moves were based on type and just change my mind immediately.

I thought that was half the appeal, tbh

You play through a game that's a little more foreign than what you immediately remember
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
actually making progress with my cute team in ORAS
just beat winona and got the 6th badge

Lv 40 Azumarill (Pleep)
Lv 39 Roselia (Hana~(music note))
Lv 42 Delcatty (='w'=)
Lv 42 Gardevoir ((heart))
Lv 39 Altaria ((cloud)(music note)(cloud))
also have Lv 34 Latias (Maki) with me but not using it bc i already have a dragon pokemon and a psychic pokemon

There aren't many cute Pokemon in gen 3 huh
Can't even get an Eevee until post-natl dex
Last edited by institutions at Today
AnAngrySquirrel
125 IQ
Quote by megano28
I thought that was half the appeal, tbh

You play through a game that's a little more foreign than what you immediately remember

I guess, but the physical/special split was the best thing to happen to the games tbh. Hard going back to before that for me.
megano28
*Snickers Nefariously*
1,261 IQ
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I guess, but the physical/special split was the best thing to happen to the games tbh. Hard going back to before that for me.

I agree that moving away from it was an improvement, but like I said, I was adapted to the current format of pokémon.

Going back to it made it strange. Having moves learned at different times, not having many of the typing, having gust be a normal type attack. It's kind of what's helped the Nuzlocke happen. Otherwise it would have been difficult to get into the spirit of that mode
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51