Page 155 of 155
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
All the Kanto references in Moon/Sun make me want another Kanto game, but one that isn't a RBY remake. Small enough region to throw in a return to Johto and Sevii Islands too.

And make Lillie the main rival in it so we can see how she's getting on over there.

I would be 100% okay with that
Managed to get the latter of the post game done so now is time for what I do best, catching them all
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Holy shit I just found Nugget Bridge pt II.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

so did this gen not sell as well as the last two or is everyone just slacking?

i read the other day that you guys have failed two global challenge events in a row now.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
- Frank Castle
I think I'm the only person in here that played Pokemon GO for longer than the first week, but the recent addition of Gen 2 has made the game feel as 'exciting' as it was when it first came out.

Instead of only seeing maybe 1 Pokemon out of every 100 that are worth catching, it's now back to the good old days of basically everything being new again, which is nice.
I'm still playing it, I'm getting the same feeling with Gen 2. I live by a handful of pokestops so the amount of times I've opened the game, seen a new shadow nearby and left to get it reminds me of July.
So I finally got decidueye last night (havent had the time to play moon properly yet), I hated it so much I deleted my save. I want Litten
friends
You're on crack
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Think I've finally given up altogether on Pokemon GO.

The hype of gen 2 was incredible for the first couple of weeks, but weirdly since then it's actually made the game worse.

Whereas before you'd just see the same trash Pokemon 80% of the time, with the occasional one worth catching, now the trash Pokemon from gen 2 have just replaced them, so it's just 50% gen 1 trash, 50% gen 2 trash, with very little else.
I don't play it extensively, but one of my jobs is a gym and my main school building is a pokestop so it's not much of a pain to turn it on, see what's around, and turn it off.

I forgot that Murkrow and Sneasel don't evolve until gen4 so I was initially super hyped that they're all over my campus and then disappointed that I can't evolve them

I did find a Cyndaquil though so that's neat
If you have high expectations, you end up bitter. I still enjoy playing it with my partner, but I never lost sight of how bare it's always been
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Anyone here play competitive? Smogon or not I'm donw for either and I'm itching for battles and trades
If you slit my throat with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

I'm currently breeding for a competitive Minior as a self destruct opener, using it's ability to shoot out a stealth rock beforehand
- Frank Castle
Alright boys and girls, I'm bumping this thread back into relevance with my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke

Self imposed rules:

-Set battles only.
-Kalos starter is determined by the first number of my trainer ID, Kanto starter is determined by the last. 1-3 = Grass, 4-6 = Fire, 7-9 = Water, 0 = Thread's choice (Not Charmander or Chespin because I've rasied both already).
-I'm only allowed three mega evolving pokemon at any point in the run. If they all faint, I can no longer use mega evolutions. I can choose which three (so I'm not instantly locked into the kanto starters as one of the three), but I only get to use three different ones.
-I'm not allowed to look up upcoming gyms or levels of said gyms. I have to go in as blind as possible.
-I am not allowed to use PokeAimee with the exception of turning Eevee into Sylveon should I chose and if I am able.
-One pokemon per area, regardless if it's via surfing, tall grass, or other methods
-I will not accept the gift Lucario, and the fossil will be immediately boxed for dex completion later
-I am allowed to catch legendaries, but they are only allowed in the party if they are the first thing I encounter in that area (for the sake of the dex and trade bait later).
-Shiny clause
-Repeat clause (I cannot catch repeat pokemon, and if I encounter three repeats on any given route, that route is closed).
-In order to restrict how much money I have, I must buy one article of clothing in every single town, and I cannot sell revives or other money based items (Nugget, Stardust, etc)
-no super training
-no exp share

Fennekin was my Kalos starter, Kanto will be the threads choice.

Any other suggestions?

Will post updates in first person from Fennekin's perspective once I have stuff to talk about
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Apr 24, 2017,
I'm telling you Bulbasaur's the best starter believe it

Scyther is the best pokeman except the fucker can't fly...

The rest can gtfo Bulba + Scyther will massacre elite four.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Bulbasaur it is.

Jengo's Log, Part 1

My name is Jengo. If you're reading this, it means I'm still alive. Let's hope it stays that way.

I am a male Fennekin, born and raised by Professor Sycamore. At least, I had been raised by the Professor, until now. I was chosen by a young girl named Amélie. She seems pleased with me thus far. Sadly, I cannot say the same for my companions. Since setting out, we have been joined by Ganymede, a young Pidgey, and Xion, a young Caterpie. I am sure both of them will be great assets to our success, however Amélie seems quietly disappointed by them. We shall see if things change with time. For now, we rest in Santalune Forest.

~Jengo

Jengo (Fennekin) Lvl 7
Ganymede (Pidgey) Lvl 4
Xion (Caterpie) Lvl 3
Think I need a break from Pokemon games for a while. At the time I thought I just didn't like X because I got 6 or 7 badges and just got bored, but I've recently encountered the exact same problem with Alpha Sapphire, despite loving it at the start. 

I think at that stage of the games I now just feel like I'm in too much of a familiar scenario. I've basically got my final team nailed down, all I'm doing now is chugging through until the Elite 4. Wild Pokemon feel a bit pointless as I'm unlikely to encounter anything worthy of a place in my team and the lack of any real challenge makes it more about how much time you're willing to sink in until the end, as opposed to how much skill/strategy you have.  

Maybe with the Pokemon GO hype last year too, I think I've just become a bit burnt out on Pokemon. Unsurprising, considering I've probably completed at least 1 game a year for the past 18. 
Yeah that's why I had to put all those restrictions on this run otherwise it just would have been too easy also I get the benefit of something relatively stress free to do anywhere and (hopefully) writing those journals will help me flex my creative muscles
Playing without Nuzlocke as an adult is basically pointless. I haven't picked up Sun since life a month after it released.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Jengo's Log, Part 2

Amélie has chosen to stop and make camp somewhere on Route 4. We went though our first gym challenge with ease; I took care of the early trainers, and Ganymede took care of the leader. Everything has gone smoothly so far and we have no reason to complain. Amélie took the time to chat with us and explain that she has done this sort of thing before. Privately, I find that rather impressive for someone so young, but I didn't comment. Not that she would have understood anyway. She said something about wanting to train new friends (re: I would rather raise pokes I've never raised before for this run), and so some of our group has accepted that they will be sitting on the sidelines for now until they are needed. Xion in particular was fine with this; she has evolved into a butterfree, but even with that, she knows she will not be of much help until later gym battles.

Amélie has asked that we get rest and train when we have the time tomorrow. We will be meeting with the professor for a progress update, and we will be joined then by another of the Professor's pokemon. I do not remember them all that well, so it should be an interesting meeting.

Badges: 1
Casualties: 0

Current Party
Jengo (Fennekin) Lvl 13
Ganymede (Pidgey) Lvl 13
Hank Song (Bunnelby) Lvl 6
Beeva (Combee) Lvl 6

In the box:
Xion (Butterfree) Lvl 10
Audo (Fletchling) Lvl 9

I've raised Butterfree numerous times before, and I had a Talonflame on my first play through of Y, so I'd rather not use them unless I absolutely have to (they might be helpful for the grass gym). I've never had a female Combee before, so that's new for me. The only reason I'm keeping Pidgey is because A.) I like his name, and B.) He earned his spot in the first gym.

Most of the names in this run are Overwatch references. Hank Song is a play on Hana Song (D.Va), Beeva is also referencing D.Va, Amélie is Widowmaker's actual name, and Ganymede is the bird that hangs out with Bastion. Jengo is something I came up with after messing around for a while, and Xion is a kingdom hearts reference.

I'll take name suggestions for future Pokémon, especially the Bulbasaur I'll be getting soon

Also taking suggestions for story elements from Jengo or any other pokemons point of view; part of why Im doing this is for the creative challenge
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Apr 26, 2017,
what lvl do u guys think bulbasaur can beat elite four he's like 70 now, also what moves are best (firered)

he got return, solarbeam, sleep powder & razor leaf
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Jengo's Log, Part 3

We lost Hank Song.

I don't know how it happened. It was very sudden. We were training after the first gym challenge, and he was placed up front for his turn...and then he was gone.

I am still processing it. Everyone on the team who knew Hank is still processing it. Amélie was shocked. I can only hope that he has found peace, and that he is in a better place now. Rest in Peace Hank, gone far too soon (Level 6).

With that out of the way, there is good news. We have made many changes to the team, and many of them good. We have a solid core, and plenty of capable contenders sitting on the sidelines. Hell, I even evolved! Ganymede has joked that I need to get the stick out of my ass now that I'm a Braixen, but he's not one to talk with his slicked back mane as a Pidgeotto.

As mentioned before, the professor has given us another of his pokemon to travel with us: Yutoco the Bulbasaur. I should say, he WAS a Bulbasaur; he is a capable battler and quickly evolved into an Ivysaur. He is mild mannered and fits into the team well.

I am writing this from our encampment on the beaches of Route 8. We will be challenging the next gym soon. I don't know how much use I will be, as I do not handle rock-types well, but I trust Amélie to make the right decisions

Party:
Ponga (Skiddo) Lvl 19
Ganymede (Pidgeotto) Lvl 21
Jengo (Braixen) Lvl 20
Yutoco (Ivysaur) Lvl 19
Beeva (Vespiquen) Lvl 21
Sankyle (Sandile) Lvl 16

In the friends box (I might use them or did use them)
Xion (Butterfree) Lvl 10
Audo (Fletchling) Lvl 9
Bowser (Snorlax) Lvl 15
Sean Manbroz (Machop) Lvl 17

Not friends (Will never use them unless tragedy)
Hempee (Oddish) Lvl 10
Aluban (Drifloon) Lvl 15 

Rest in peace Hank the Bunnelby

I would say Lvl 80 is probably safe; keep in mind Bulbasaur will be awful against Lorelei & Lance, and he won't be very good against Agaitha either so you're gonna have to get creative there. Plus I'm sure Gary is going to have a Charizard which will rek Bulbasaur.
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at May 3, 2017,
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Jengo's Log, Part 3

We lost Hank Song.

I don't know how it happened. It was very sudden. We were training after the first gym challenge, and he was placed up front for his turn...and then he was gone.

I am still processing it. Everyone on the team who knew Hank is still processing it. Amélie was shocked. I can only hope that he has found peace, and that he is in a better place now. Rest in Peace Hank, gone far too soon (Level 6).

With that out of the way, there is good news. We have made many changes to the team, and many of them good. We have a solid core, and plenty of capable contenders sitting on the sidelines. Hell, I even evolved! Ganymede has joked that I need to get the stick out of my ass now that I'm a Braixen, but he's not one to talk with his slicked back mane as a Pidgeotto.

As mentioned before, the professor has given us another of his pokemon to travel with us: Yutoco the Bulbasaur. I should say, he WAS a Bulbasaur; he is a capable battler and quickly evolved into an Ivysaur. He is mild mannered and fits into the team well.

I am writing this from our encampment on the beaches of Route 8. We will be challenging the next gym soon. I don't know how much use I will be, as I do not handle rock-types well, but I trust Amélie to make the right decisions

Party:
Ponga (Skiddo) Lvl 19
Jengo (Braixen) Lvl 20
Yutoco (Ivysaur) Lvl 19
Beeva (Vespiquen) Lvl 21
Sankyle (Sandile) Lvl 16

In the friends box (I might use them or did use them)
Xion (Butterfree) Lvl 10
Audo (Fletchling) Lvl 9
Bowser (Snorlax) Lvl 15

Not friends (Will never use them unless tragedy)
Hempee (Oddish) Lvl 10
Aluban (Drifloon) Lvl 15 

Rest in peace Hank the Bunnelby

I would say Lvl 80 is probably safe; keep in mind Bulbasaur will be awful against Lorelei & Lance, and he won't be very good against Agaitha either so you're gonna have to get creative there. Plus I'm sure Gary is going to have a Charizard which will rek Bulbasaur.

Yeah the Gary's lvl40 charizard's flamethrower in saffron was pretty nasty already + he was faster...but Return critted and one-shot him I can always try to get lucky with sleep powder I guess. Also I see no point in Solar Beam when 2x Razor Leaf is almost as strong and better crit chance, so I'd like to get a better move in its place, but I don't know which one if there even is a better alternative.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Good idea, but looks like Sludge Bomb is the only direct attack poison move bulbasaur can learn, which would be fine but I'd actually have to defeat elite four to get the TM
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

My nuzlocke currently summarized

Jengo's Log, #4

Tragedy has struck. This time, it is far worse. Far far worse than we could have ever imagined.

We never saw it coming.

It should have been simple. We were training for our upcoming battle at the Rock Gym. We met a trainer with three pokemon, all about the same level as hers. I came out first and took down her Skiploom without issue.

Then came the Azumarill.

Being the fire type that I am,  Amélie called me back in favor of Yutoco. He would need the levels anyway in preparation for the rock gym, as he was to be relied on heavily.

But then came the rollout. And in the chaos, Yutoco missed his shot twice (Razor Leaf). And then he was gone.

In her panic and sorrow, Amélie sent out Ganymede. Ganymede knew quick attack and Azumarill had low health, so Amélie reasoned that Gany could finish it off quickly.

But it didn't. And Ganymede too fell to rollout.

Ponga came in and wrapped things up, but the damage was already done.

We all live in fear now. If anyone would be gone, it wasn't going to be Yutoco. Now, no one feels safe.

Current party
Sankyle (Sandile) Lvl 17
Jengo (Braixen) Lvl 21
Beeva (Vespiquen) Lvl 21
Ponga (Skiddo) Lvl 21

Friends Box
Xion (Butterfree) Lvl 10
Audo (Fletchling) Lvl 9
Bowser (Snorlax) Lvl 15
Billie (Snubbull) Lvl 19

Not Friends Box
Hempee (Oddish) Lvl 10
Aluban (Drifloon) Lvl 15

Ded
Hank Song (Bunnelby) Lvl 6
Yutoco (Ivysaur) Lvl 20

Update:

lol everything is dying

I nearly got wiped at the 3rd gym. I probably could have saved Braixen but I forgot that it isn't part psychic and I also forgot that Vespiquen resists flying press. Oh well.

All I have left is Vespiqueen and a Dugtrio I caught in route 13. Barring tragedy those two should be able to sweep the next two gyms but I have no idea what I'm gonna do when I get to the fairy gym Id quit and start over but I've never raised a Vespiquen before
Do you not grind for your Nuzlocke? Whenever I've played it, I've grinded excessively to prevent these things from happening to me.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

I over grinded early on and it made me pretty cocky going into the fighting gym. I also mixed up my types and forgot how flying press worked so Hawlucha just ran wild over my team

I also lost most of my early team members to random trainers I encountered while grinding because they caught me off guard or set up a sweep
Nuzlockes are too grindy for me, I might do a fairylocke of X tho. Modify the rules and allow myself to catch one of each fairy types tho. I'll have to have a look how quickly I can get 4-5 fairy types tho because otherwise it'll be impossible
friends
Fuck yeah Pokémon sun2 and moon2
- Frank Castle