Page 154 of 154
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Doesn't it rely on electric terrain though?

It's situational. I'm running voltturn with Pelipper and Koko. 5/6 of my team have u-turn/VT and the momentum is unreal.
Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Lunge

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

15-1 with this team so far. try it out, it's fun as fuck.
Pelipper for MVP. Go to turn 45 at least.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-485414986

Finished the night 23-1
Last edited by Tanglewoodguit at Nov 28, 2016,
So disappointed in sun and moon. Seeing the new pokemon screams they are running out of ideas. Most of the people you battle have original 150. Only pokemon ive seen in the wild weren't worth catching.

And team skull is a joke.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Alolan Raichu is absolutely unreal in OU.

This makes me happy to hear. Raichu has always been my fave and I'm getting really sick of toting a Pikachu around as it's the only non-gen7 on my team and it doesn't really pull its weight as well as I'd like.

I know that OU is way different than storyline use, but the possibility that it will finally kick ass is comforting.

EDIT: Fack. Pika doesn't learn any decent Electric moves until 34 (Discharge), Thunder and TBolt TMs are both near the end of the game, and the move reminder is just before the E4. Guess I'm stuck with him for another 20 levels at least, unless I want to just deal with him having Electro Ball.
Last edited by archangels at Nov 29, 2016,
So I've come to the conclusion - Pokemon Sun (/Moon) isn't for me. I was hella excited about these games before they came out, but it kinda feels like they've focused on everything I didn't like about X/Y and tried to develop those aspects. It's childish, it's far too easy and there's no sense of exploration any more as you're constantly being told where to go - and if you don't listen, the game blocks you from going anywhere else anyway. I also thought I disliked X/Y's use of the bottom screen, but the Rotom-dex is something else. I totally appreciate that I'm not Nintendo/Gamefreak's prime demographic any more (being 26) and that's fair enough.

I initially 'stopped' playing newer Pokemon games after getting Black/White as I felt like they tried to change too much of a winning formula. I finally got round to getting my 3DS this year though, so now that I've played and made opinions on X/Y and Sun/Moon, the only games left for me to try are OR/AS.

I know Ruby/Sapphire in hindsight have got a fair bit of criticism, but I absolutely loved them when I came out. Admittedly though, this was back when I was 13 and I've honestly not played them since. With everything in mind that I've not enjoyed about X/Y and Sun/Moon, is it worth me trying OR/AS? Or am I likely to dislike them just as much as the other recent games?
I got mine for $25 bucks on black friday, so I'm playing it either way. By the end of this, I'll make some teen kid happy for selling my Y/Sun/OR 3DS bundle
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by matt bickerton
With everything in mind that I've not enjoyed about X/Y and Sun/Moon, is it worth me trying OR/AS? Or am I likely to dislike them just as much as the other recent games?

From what you've said you'd probably end up loving OR/AS and being even more frustrated at Sun/Moon for what could have been. ORAS has the same story line as RSE with some cool modern changes and a brilliant post game (with great music). All the good parts on XY were built on and the Poké Radar feature is fantastic.
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
From what you've said you'd probably end up loving OR/AS and being even more frustrated at Sun/Moon for what could have been. ORAS has the same story line as RSE with some cool modern changes and a brilliant post game (with great music). All the good parts on XY were built on and the Poké Radar feature is fantastic.
Yeah, the more I look into it, the more I think it looks the game I wanted Sun/Moon to be.

Can't hurt for me to buy it used on eBay I guess. That way if I don't like it, I can just sell it for the same price I bought it.
If you didn't get an Arceus back in August or whatever, you can get one now with the code ARCEUS20 for NA and ARCEUS2016 for PAL.

Quote by matt bickerton
With everything in mind that I've not enjoyed about X/Y and Sun/Moon, is it worth me trying OR/AS? Or am I likely to dislike them just as much as the other recent games?

I thought ORAS was pretty meh, but that's mostly because I dislike Hoenn and gen3 in general. It definitely expanded and improved a few mechanics from XY - especially the DexNav and creeping up on Pokemon. But I feel like it also kind of previewed how childish and filled with cutscenes SM would be - especially the postgame.
Wish Sun/Moon could trade with X/Y. I don't want to make a new competitive team :/ it's so tedious
I played Y for a minute last night to get my Meloetta and wow do the Chibi models look extra awkward after playing Sun.

Speaking of Meloetta... Is it just me or does Meloetta's cry sound a lot like the high pitched lead line from Where Are U Now?
Ok I'm about to have a mini vent

Don't read the spoiler unless you've gotten to the fourth island (poni island)

ok so Lillies mum summons the ultra beasts and all hell is breaking loose over the region and then you've got to fight Lillies mum, nothing out of the ordinary there but we got down to our last pokemon and I unfortunately lost the battle but the annoying this is instead of blacking out and giving me another chance to win the fight the plot continues

What is up with that?
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle