Alciel
21 IQ
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the world of guitars, I've only played them a little back during my middle school days, I didn't get to far but it was to where I played for awhile but then quit for years. I only started to want to play again since I moved to Tennessee.

When I did play in school I noticed that my hands weren't exactly the size for the school guitars I think the neck I think its called was to big for my hands and I couldn't accurately play the guitar, I ended up getting a guitar as a gift, but I still encountered the same problem and ended up selling it.

Now back to present day, I am now currently looking for a guitar that would be good for me, But I don't know where to look or what to look for, I know 2 brands of guitar makers, Fender and Gibson, Other than that I don't know what I'm looking for. I also know that guitars are expensive.

I'm wondering if they make guitars that have a narrow "neck" so that I can reach the cords that I want to play easier rather than having the same problem I experienced all those years ago.

So I guess what I'm looking for is a relatively cheap beginning guitar for me so that I can learn again, my budget for a guitar is like 350 max, if cheaper that would be good also.

Thanks in advance.
stepchildusmc
413 IQ
yamaha's FG700S is only $199. it's considered my many to be the best all-around beginner guitar out there. if you visit any local guitar shops, the employees will probably tell you the same thing. plus, you have the extra cash for a few lessons to start you out(always recommended).
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
patticake
Acoustic Goddess
2,885 IQ
chances are the neck wasn't too wide - it takes some learning and adjustment to play the guitar, particularly the stretches. i was playing a full sized classical guitar when i was 11, which has a much wider neck than an acoustic, and i'm only 5' 3" now. still, some do find a narrow neck easier, and the yamaha FG700 that stepchildusmc recommends has a neck i find a little cramped, so hopefully it will be perfect for you.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Nov 1, 2013,