euph_22
32 IQ
I'm in the market for a new Amp, to complement my Fender Champ 600 and Vibro Champ (the new one ), and a Vox Tonelab. I'm mostly looking for something that works well for modern-ish Alt rock.

Somebody in my area is selling a Fender Cyber Champ and HSS Strat for $100, which seems like a steal to me. However, I'm not sure the Cyber Champ does anything my current amps don't. Does anybody have any experience and/or opinions on the amp?

Looking online, I see alot of positive reviews, but it's a 10 year old amp and I feel it might (at best) be a step sideways from what I currently have.
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
What exactly do you need from a new amp that yours don't currently do?

I'd personally just sell both amps that you have and buy a better one that covers everything you want
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
Quote by MatrixClaw
What exactly do you need from a new amp that yours don't currently do?

I'd personally just sell both amps that you have and buy a better one that covers everything you want

I agree with this, why have four compromises?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast
831 IQ
For $100, I'd just get it. If it's a Fender MIM strat you could double your money overnight.
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
Quote by fly135
For $100, I'd just get it. If it's a Fender MIM strat you could double your money overnight.

More likely a Squier misrepresented...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
euph_22
32 IQ
Quote by Arby911
More likely a Squier misrepresented...

Actually, I can't make out the label but I'm thinking Ibanez. With that headstock, it's definitely not a Fender.
Last edited by euph_22 at Nov 8, 2013,
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast
831 IQ
That's a great deal for somebody. But if you don't need it, then it's just clutter.
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
1,498 IQ
Quote by euph_22
Actually, I can't make out the label but I'm thinking Ibanez. With that headstock, it's definitely not a Fender.

that's an ibanez gio. piece of shit. i'd pass on it.
euph_22
32 IQ
Quote by fly135
That's a great deal for somebody. But if you don't need it, then it's just clutter.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. From the reviews, it's comparable to what I have now, and it's not going to be worth my time to deal with.

Thanks for the input everyone!