Page 3 of 3
Build me one!!

Every day i come on this website, i check this guitars progress. Its stunning!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Hah, I seriously don't think I'm ready for that. I appreciate the comments though.

It's looking pretty finished. The nut needs adjusting, it needs cavity covers, and there's a patch of finish on the headstock which buffed through...

Holy cap!! (seewhatididthere? no? okay )

That looks beautiful man! Reminds me a lot of my LTD MH400NT though.
Except a lot better looking.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
I really do mean it though. I'll happily buy all the things needed for you to build one. Plus extra and beer too.

Just an offer.

I feel like ive been bugging you forever to build me one...

I'll stop being a stalker now

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
it's not the building material that's expensive - it's the manhours building.

Looks great, Minty. I really like that colour you've taken with it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Damn posting when drunk...

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Looking nice! The dark wood finish is pretty damn awesome.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Awesome feedback guys, thank you! The next one should break away from the ESP aesthetic a little. Maybe.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Awesome feedback guys, thank you! The next one should break away from the ESP aesthetic a little. Maybe.

Nah dude, saying your guitars look too much like ESP is like saying "That woman looks too much like Angelina Jolie"
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Nah dude, saying your guitars look too much like ESP is like saying "That woman looks too much like Angelina Jolie"

I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie, but I'll still take it!

Other stuff coming soon...
Quote by -MintSauce-
I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie, but I'll still take it!

Other stuff coming soon...

Neither am I, but she did play Lara Croft so I suppose I have to at least pretend to like her. Looking forward to it (y)
EH

Quote by eddiehimself
Neither am I, but she did play Lara Croft so I suppose I have to at least pretend to like her. Looking forward to it (y)

That's the most tenuous logic I've heard in a long time!

Here's how we're looking for the new one:

I thought that I'd already taken a picture of the sapele board before starting, but I was mistaken. It was basically a mantlepiece and had been thrown away. Apart from a few nasty screws and thick varnish there was nothing wrong with it. Did I check the moisture? Did I hell.

The body has a mahogany core with flamed maple veneer and sapele wings. I'm freestyling this one, so the other details are to be decided.

Edit: It's only 30mm right now and definitely needs a cap - probably flamed maple for the sake of originality.

Is this mine?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by -MintSauce-
That's the most tenuous logic I've heard in a long time!

You obviously don't know how obsessed I am with Lara Croft at the minute then

The bodywork is looking great anyway. You're like a machine with that cutting out and stuff.
EH

Quote by Carrot
Is this mine?

How do you feel about leaves and nature?

Quote by eddiehimself
You obviously don't know how obsessed I am with Lara Croft at the minute then

The bodywork is looking great anyway. You're like a machine with that cutting out and stuff.

Thanks man. God knows it's the easy part.

I'm waiting on a flamed maple cap at the moment.
Quote by -MintSauce-
How do you feel about leaves and nature?

Pretty i guess..
Depends what time of year though.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Pretty i guess..
Depends what time of year though.

I want to give this a nature theme, but we'll see.

Updates:

Top rough cut and glued...

I hate routing edges from the top and I've slipped in the past, so I made a ghetto router table with some MDF...

Top cut flush and ready for profile sanding...
Love it

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Love it

Quote by Ippon
Use a Kahler bridge!

I expected this to be "Build a Telecaster"! A Kahler might be a pain... I was just thinking Tune-O-Matic and string through for this.

Edit: Forgot this picture...

Quote by Ippon

Damn, I didn't know those models existed!

I need to make the neck and route the pocket before getting started on the carve
Amber. Deffo amber.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Ippon
That top will also be awesome in TransBlack or Amber.

Quote by Carrot
Amber. Deffo amber.

Amber would look stunning! It's a toss-up between amber and wine red at the moment...

or flamingo pink...

The neck wood has arrived, but I've been too busy to get started with it. Fun times ahead this weekend!
Reminds me of the ESP Horizon III I had. Beautiful flame, very even on this guitar, it will be a fine piece by the time you are done with it!

Amber is a yes over here. Maybe bright? Almost yellow?
Yeah, either light amber or wine red still. There's plenty of time to decide though.

Things have been slow with my new job and basically having no free time. I managed to get the maple cut into three pieces, planed, flipped and glued today. Hopefully it'll all be good when the clamps come off tomorrow.
Looking good Minty.

I'm very partial to deep wine red with high polished clear. Can look stunning.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Hey all, been here before but forgot my old user name and password, so here I am again as AstroZon.

Anyhow, I picked up this Yamaha EG303 at Goodwill for $20 (with a funky semi-hard case too!) It was missing the jack and jackplate as well as the upper strap button. I thought that it would be a good candidate for a some budget upgrades. I bought a jackplate and a set of Alnico V pickups from an eBay seller named GuitarMadness. The pups were $26.47 with shipping. I also bought a pair of Bourns 250k pots and a Gringsby switch. I plan to make it a rhythm guitar.

Quote by AstroZon
Hey all, been here before but forgot my old user name and password, so here I am again as AstroZon.

Anyhow, I picked up this Yamaha EG303 at Goodwill for $20 (with a funky semi-hard case too!) It was missing the jack and jackplate as well as the upper strap button. I thought that it would be a good candidate for a some budget upgrades. I bought a jackplate and a set of Alnico V pickups from an eBay seller named GuitarMadness. The pups were $26.47 with shipping. I also bought a pair of Bourns 250k pots and a Gringsby switch. I plan to make it a rhythm guitar.

You should post this as it's own thread really. But nice budget fixer upper
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You should post this as it's own thread really. But nice budget fixer upper

OK, I'll make a thread - but after the parts arrive. Here's the other end:

it's all good..
This isn't an update to my builds as such (or his ^), because I've been busy with other things and haven't had the time or inclination to get stuck in. I did pick up a preowned bargain today though. It's an ESP/LTD H-351FR which needs a bit of work. There are some minor scuffs to polish out, and someone made a proper hash of blocking the Floyd Rose... with two massive wood screws and a cheap locking plate. Oh, and the mounting holes need to be dowelled and drilled out. Parts ordered (locking nut clamps, trem arm, claw, mounting studs and screws) and updates to come:

Nice one Minty.

I get almost as much enjoyment from restoring and modding as I do actually playing the end result.

Will keep an eye on this one. Has great potential.
I managed to make some progress on this recently; the pile of wood and parts was starting to get annoying. It's been a learning curve:

Page 3 of 3