I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Stranglehold
Let's get some actual discussion going á la VG's first post, lads...just blindly posting youtube links will kill a thread.

Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Check out the other brainchild of Leonid Savin, Brainstorm. The EP is really rough but you can see that when given the tools they had on Sigullum Naturae, they could have done some awesome Death Metal with a heavy dose of aberrant atmosphere. I expect some won't appreciate it, but Sigullum Naturae scratches my itch for something different yet 100% Death. I often find myself listening to it after The Key or Worlds Beyond The Veil or something to that extent.

Will do
Yob - The Unreal Never Lived

Really, any Yob album from the trio of Catharsis-The Illusion of Motion-this one could qualify for this thread, but this IMO is the best of the three. They're not first band to specialize in twisted, insane dissonance, but Mike Scheidt is a master of it and no one does doom like Yob.

Elder - Dead Roots Stirring and Spires Burn/Release

Elder started out doing brutally simplistic stoner doom, and by their self-titled debut album had become a very strange take on Sleep worship. I have no idea what changed after that, but on Dead Roots Stirring they developed an incredible ear for melody and wrote one of the most beautiful albums I've heard in recent memory. They followed that up with an EP that is arguably even better.

Dark Quarterer - Dark Quarterer

Traditional metal albums rarely, if ever, get this dark. Add in a healthy dose of prog and you've got a masterpiece. And don't you fucking dare listen to the awful rerecording.

this album is just on another level but if you weren't convinced, these songs really boil it down for you nicely
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Jan 6, 2014,
Page 2 of 2