How white supremacists are using black metal to promote hate

Page 3 of 3
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
Quote by Ironic Maiden
You dislike them because you think they are inferior to you in some way. You DISLIKE people typically because you feel that what they do/the way the act/how they look is BENEATH you.

That's a very simplified view. Personal preference doesn't equal personal superiority.

Quote by Ironic Maiden
Which is hilariously stupid. Who honestly gives a shit? Maybe some teenagers who sit in their rooms listening to Black Metal all day and think "racial pride is kvlt br0"

Race means ****ing NOTHING

Different populations adapt to different environments. Unique phenotypes occur. If a population becomes assimilated into a larger one those phenotypes can be lost, and some of them may be valuable (eg: providing immunity to certain diseases/microbes). But that's just a biologically argument, you can make arguments for culture too.
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride
5,346 IQ
Quote by technicolour
Different populations adapt to different environments. Unique phenotypes occur. If a population becomes assimilated into a larger one those phenotypes can be lost, and some of them may be valuable (eg: providing immunity to certain diseases/microbes). But that's just a biologically argument, you can make arguments for culture too.

But the biological lines are impossible to draw. It's easy to pick out, say, a Norwegian and a Kenyan and say "these are two clearly separate races," but if you walked from Scandinavia down through eastern Europe, through the Middle East, and down the eastern coast of Africa to Kenya, the phenotypical factors we use to identify race - called "clines" - change so gradually that the lines between races become completely arbitrarily placed and useless.

And this is a product of evolution. It didn't come about because completely divergent races started mixing - in fact, because we evolved this way, those races were never completely divergent in the first place.
Hoodoo Man
LEG XX VV
10 IQ
Quote by Basti95
Every culture in the world today is to some extent a product of multiculturalism and that includes every one of yours.

There is truth in this. Every culture has at some point mixed with others. For example, the english are a combination of celtic and germanic peoples, but we have developed an identity of our own. I do think that the way forward involves working with national and cultural identities that we have now rather than trying to resurrect ones that don't exist any more.
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
1,468 IQ
Quote by Scourge441
But the biological lines are impossible to draw. It's easy to pick out, say, a Norwegian and a Kenyan and say "these are two clearly separate races," but if you walked from Scandinavia down through eastern Europe, through the Middle East, and down the eastern coast of Africa to Kenya, the phenotypical factors we use to identify race - called "clines" - change so gradually that the lines between races become completely arbitrarily placed and useless.

And this is a product of evolution. It didn't come about because completely divergent races started mixing - in fact, because we evolved this way, those races were never completely divergent in the first place.

Indeed. Very interestingly, in humans, more genetic variation occurs within groups than between groups.

Our ability to recognize faces/races is probably due to a complex brain. It's all very practical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusiform_gyrus

Humans are more genetically similar to each other than many other species, due to a bottleneck thousands of years ago. Two randomly selected humans will have more similar genes than two chimps from the same troop.

In fact, penguins probably look at us and think we all look the same! So the differences you perceive are not so great. It's all very fascinating stuff.

Isn't bio fun?
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,618 IQ
Kill each other
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Ironic Maiden
Holes instead of eyes
1,303 IQ
Quote by progbass
This turnaround reeks of putrefaction and projection.

One can easily disagree with someone without hating them, as is seen on these message boards. The fact is that differences should be embraced by recognizing differences, not forcing a muddled combination of them - which will reduce such things as culture, intelligent discourse of ideas, religion, and racial identity to a lowest common denominator.

In that light, multiculturalism is very anti culture and anti individual, and should be shunned.

The fact is, people should be allowed to do what they want and be with who they want and **** who they want to ****. Just because you have some bullshit sense of superiority because of the color of your skin doesn't mean jackshit.
Contraband
Within the Realm
2,580 IQ
Quote by Scourge441

Some feminists tend to make a very similar argument in that regard by suggesting that because there are phenotypical variations between genders and that because human anomalies exist which can neither be classified as either male or female, that it must somehow make the classification of gender obsolete.

It's an obvious non sequitur, but contained within modern so-called "scientific" views of biology and race are the same leaps of logic. By the same token, clearly delineated colours do not exist in a naturally occurring rainbow because the various bands blend into one another.

It's the same story with race. In order for it to be a valid taxonomical category, there is no requirement for it to have zero overlap. To some extent, contemporary views of race are correct in asserting that race is a "social construct". To some degree, the racial distinctions are arbitrary and the exact boundaries of demarcation for one race or another is a social construct. However, that's only partially correct, as applying clustering algorithms (which correspond to geography) in relation to self-identified race tends to yield 4-5 distinct clusters. In other words, it is a social construct, but also a biologically valid category.

The very same people propagating the idea that race is entirely a social construct have radically egalitarian social and political agendas. This is not to say that they are inherently sinister agendas, but simply that their professed beliefs and political aims clash with the scientific and social realities of race. The implications of race are widespread and affect the economy, social cohesion, incidence of crime, intelligence, moral fabric, culture, etc.

In other words, people (bands included, quality of most NSBM not withstanding) have a legitimate basis on which to be concerned over race.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jan 8, 2014,
Ironic Maiden
Holes instead of eyes
1,303 IQ
Quote by technicolour
That's a very simplified view. Personal preference doesn't equal personal superiority.

You DISLIKE the culture and the people. You literally are all preaching your own superiority and then turning around and saying "oh but wait no I don't think I'm superior to anyone!"

As to the second portion of your post, I understand that but that is a lackluster justification for racial segregation.

And you have nothing of culture because culture doesn't mean shit in the long run.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jan 8, 2014,
Ironic Maiden
Holes instead of eyes
1,303 IQ
Fuck, this thread is reminding me why I left this shithole
NABEF9
Banned
466 IQ
Quote by Ironic Maiden
****, this thread is reminding me why I left this shithole
Was the reason you left this shithole because when confronted with a view different from your own, you didn't know what to do except for throw a tantrum like a little girl?
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride
5,346 IQ
Quote by Contraband
It's an obvious non sequitur, but contained within modern so-called "scientific" views of biology and race are the same leaps of logic. By the same taken, clearly delineated colours do not exist in a naturally occurring rainbow because the various bands blend into one another.

You can distill colors down to their basic forms, though. There exists a "pure red" or a "pure blue" where there are no traces of other colors. There exists no pure race of any kind, anywhere.

Quote by Contraband
It's the same story with race. In order for it to be a valid taxonomical category, there is no requirement for it to have zero overlap. To some extent, contemporary views of race are correct in asserting that race is a "social construct". To some degree, the racial distinctions are arbitrary and the exact boundaries of demarcation for one race or another is a social construct. However, that's only partially correct, as applying clustering algorithms (which correspond to geography) in relation to self-identified race tends to yield 4-5 distinct clusters. In other words, it is a social construct, but also a biologically valid category.

Do you have a source for these studies? What were the exact criteria used to write these clustering algorithms?

Quote by Contraband
The implications of race are widespread and affect the economy, social cohesion, incidence of crime, intelligence, moral fabric, culture, etc.

This is a problem of education, not biology.
Kepulix
The Witchfinder
1,413 IQ
Quote by Ironic Maiden
And you have nothing of culture because culture doesn't mean shit in the long run.
I feel sorry for those who have no affection for their own culture and heritage.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

romencer17
Take it easy, but take it
1,928 IQ
You don't think it's possible for someone to not find much to be proud of in their heritage?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
NABEF9
Banned
466 IQ
Quote by romencer17
You don't think it's possible for someone to not find much to be proud of in their heritage?
Surely every heritage has something to be proud of within it. Certainly it's possible that some people might not be able to find much, but I'd be willing to bet that they haven't dug very deep into their ancestors' traditions and beliefs.
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,618 IQ
Quote by romencer17

Quote by The Book of Leto After Harq al-Ada
The life of a single human, as the life of a family or an entire people, persists as memory. My people must come to see this as part of their maturing process. They are people as organism, and in this persistent memory they store more and more experiences in a subliminal reservoir. Humankind hopes to call upon this material if it is needed for a changing universe. But much that is stored can be lost in that chance play of accident which we call "fate." Much may not be integrated into evolutionary relationships, and thus many may not be evaluated and keyed into activity by those ongoing environmental changes which inflict themselves upon flesh. The species can forget! This is the special value of the Kwisatz Haderach which the Bene Gesserits never suspected: the Kwisatz Haderach cannot forget.

Let there be no doubt that I am the assemblage of our ancestors, the arena in which they exercise my moments. They are my cells and I am their body. This is the fravashi of which I speak, the soul, the collective unconscious, the source of archetypes, the repository of all trauma and joy. I am the choice of their awakening. My samhadi is their samhadi. Their experiences are mine! Their knowledge distilled is my inheritance. Those billions are my one.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
romencer17
Take it easy, but take it
1,928 IQ
yeah but i come from russian peasants and honestly don't care about my heritage
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,618 IQ
Quote by romencer17
yeah but i come from russian peasants

I tell you this is a marvel and my memories leave no doubt of it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Contraband
Within the Realm
2,580 IQ
Quote by Scourge441
You can distill colors down to their basic forms, though. There exists a "pure red" or a "pure blue" where there are no traces of other colors. There exists no pure race of any kind, anywhere.

That's because race isn't determined by variance of only one characteristic; it's variance of a wide array of characteristics. Once enough genetic markers are taken into account, you do begin to see racial clusters that correspond to geography and self-described race, as mentioned.

While we can't remove the primordial genetic ingredients from any given individual and separate them into distinct entities, we can still recognize that any organic human population consists of several ancestral (and generally racially similar) populations, and insofar as various distinct populations inbred for so many generations, ethnic partitions were naturally formed.

Genetic homogeneity is a relative measure in the sense that certain human populations are more mixed than others, so while you don't have a "100% pure" population, you do have populations who have inbred for longer and populations with less admixture than others, technically making them more pure than others.

The takeaway at the end of the day is still simply that race and ethnicity can be determined from your genetic data.

Quote by Scourge441
Do you have a source for these studies? What were the exact criteria used to write these clustering algorithms?

Sure. http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/01/race-current-consensus.php

There is of course, more evidence for race, and this includes some more obvious observable characteristics like visual appearance and cranio-facial distances to slightly less obvious, though no-less visible ones like brain capacity to other measured characteristics like differences in hormone levels, developmental speed, IQ, etc.

Quote by Scourge441
This is a problem of education, not biology.

This is a popular refrain. However, what could possibly explain the virtually unchanged racial gaps between the races despite decades of affirmative action programs along with the other countless billions spent during the same time period in attempts to bridge those gaps?

I highly urge you watch this video, in which professor Rushton touches on evidence and talks briefly on the inadequacy of purely environmental explanations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJEYplQzXU&

In addition, the documented effects of studies, such as the Coleman Report in the 60's found that school-funding had no significant impact on student achievement. NAEP's Long Term Trend Studies found no significant changes in areas such as mathematics and reading over the course of the 37 years it has existed. The Title I program, designed by the government without waiting for the results of the Coleman Report, ambitiously devoted billions of dollars towards increasing the performance of those from poor socio-economic backgrounds. Contrary to their expectations, the test score gap widened from '65 to '01. Then there is No Child Left Behind, which has also failed to make any difference, despite the billions of dollars funnelled into aiding children from low-income families.

Explaining away these things is no easy task.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jan 8, 2014,
progbass
UG Resident
1,030 IQ
Quote by Ironic Maiden
The fact is, people should be allowed to do what they want and be with who they want and **** who they want to ****. Just because you have some bullshit sense of superiority because of the color of your skin doesn't mean jackshit.

Lol
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
3,282 IQ
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Basti95
actual size
2,212 IQ
Quote by NABEF9
Was the reason you left this shithole because when confronted with a view different from your own, you didn't know what to do except for throw a tantrum like a little girl?

You've just proven his point that little bit further
Conservationist
realist
4,716 IQ
Quote by Scourge441

Not really.

http://scienceblogs.com/gnxp/2008/08/31/genetic-map-of-europe-genes-va/
BL1NDSIDE-J
Banned
1,401 IQ
Quote by Basti95
You've just proven his point that little bit further

Frankly this forum isn't hurting from the "loss"
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
white supremacists are very stupid. The more variance in a species' genes, the more likely they are able to adapt and survive to new conditions. It's to no surprise that certain continents have humans with certain genes that are aesthetically different. Racism against people of colour is like being mad against the fact that the place where their ancestors lived was climatically the way it was.

Genes are getting mixed faster and faster accross the globe these days. Some people say it will end with all people looking the same but that's complete bullshit and not actually possible.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
NABEF9
Banned
466 IQ
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
Frankly this forum isn't hurting from the "loss"