pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
2,990 IQ
to be honest man, this kinda bugged me

its not bad, but the whole thing is pretty slow and very repetitive, which kinda made it drag. the whole thing kinda felt like an intro

if you had a tempo change to a faster part around the verse area, it would be a lot better in my opinion

sorry if i come across negative or like a dick, man. just giving you my personal opinion of it

one thing i did definitely like was the solo thing. i hope youre planning on making it a lot longer, because what you have sounds like the beginning of a pretty cool metal solo. if it ended as is, it would be really anti-climatic
t0mm1_
Tab Contributor
804 IQ
Quote by pAWNlol
to be honest man, this kinda bugged me

its not bad, but the whole thing is pretty slow and very repetitive, which kinda made it drag. the whole thing kinda felt like an intro

if you had a tempo change to a faster part around the verse area, it would be a lot better in my opinion

sorry if i come across negative or like a dick, man. just giving you my personal opinion of it

one thing i did definitely like was the solo thing. i hope youre planning on making it a lot longer, because what you have sounds like the beginning of a pretty cool metal solo. if it ended as is, it would be really anti-climatic

Thanks man for the feedback

I listened it it again with fresh ears, and it did drag a bit. I updated it a bit. Removed the last "verse" so the solo starts after bar 74. And expanded the solo a bit. I'll post updated version when i have more ready.
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,542 IQ
Sounds vaguely like Behemoth but crossed with a French prog-death melody style but then filtered through some lazy trad metal. The slow drums kind of ruin it for me cuz they're just so kind of herp de derp.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Zaqq
1,014 IQ
IDK guys, I liked it. The recording sounds badass. It's a bit simple styled though.
From Your Grave
bampersand
604 IQ
I changed the tempo to 175bpm and I think it made substantially less draggy and more jammable

edit: 59 to 74 has extremely too little variation. Maybe add a second guitar part, or change it from a 2-measure riff repeated eight times to a 2-measure riff followed by a complementing 2 measure riff repeated 4 times.
Last edited by From Your Grave at Dec 27, 2013,