Like the title says, where do you put the pick if you want to go from a picking section to a slap section? More specifically, going from picking->slap->back to picking. I know on guitar an easy work for tapping is to tap with your middle finger, is there any trick like that for bass and slapping?
i somehow manage to put my pick on my pinky or ring finger freeing up my thumb and first two digits

but mouth is the go to place
or throw it at the crowd if you dontlike your pick(do not try with heavy picks)
I just keep holding it in my hand with my ring finger.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Hold it between the sides of the tips of your ring and little fingers. With practice, you can comfortably swap to fingerstyle, slapping, and tapping techniques, and back to picking, with little issue.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
either as anarkee said, or i curl on of my fingers around it depending on whether i'm slapping or just straight finger style
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I don't often use a pick but when I do I plop it in my mouth if I have to use it again during the same song. Or I throw them on my pedal board and pick them up later.

Have you considered getting a pick holder with a Velcro or some other kind of adhesive and putting on your bass someplace like the back of the headstock or down by the volume/tone knobs.

Such as this?
http://elderly.com/accessories/names/planet-waves-pick-holder--PWPH01.htm