solidhadriel
21 IQ
Have you considered purchasing the RockSmith real tone cable? I currently use it...I'm no professional, but it seems to work just fine for me and Audacity. (Though I'm sure much more experienced professionals may have a better opinion/suggestion.)
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Don't buy the 2i2 please. I've got the 2i4, the one we usually recommend over the 2i2 for it's inclusion of a pad and I can tell you you will not be able to record DI without the pad and keep your full tone. To record my guitar DI I have to put the pad on (a -10dB switch) and still keep the gain on the interface at almost nothing. Without it I have to have the gain on nothing and turn my guitar down too to prevent clipping.
Kyonn
155 IQ
Quote by chatterbox272
Don't buy the 2i2 please. I've got the 2i4, the one we usually recommend over the 2i2 for it's inclusion of a pad and I can tell you you will not be able to record DI without the pad and keep your full tone. To record my guitar DI I have to put the pad on (a -10dB switch) and still keep the gain on the interface at almost nothing. Without it I have to have the gain on nothing and turn my guitar down too to prevent clipping.

So you recommend me buying the 2i4 then? :/ but maybe it's out of my budget, I'll check anyway if i can afford it xD, but can i have any alternatives? xD
Last edited by Kyonn at Jan 13, 2014,
xkovacsx09
Tater Salad
124 IQ
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or Sapphire 6, essentially the same thing. Probably the best interface in it's price range and very affordable for a used one off ebay.
UFC on VHS
Megadeth>Metallica
1,612 IQ
Quote by xkovacsx09
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or Sapphire 6, essentially the same thing. Probably the best interface in it's price range and very affordable for a used one off ebay.

is M-audio fast track a good choice for a first time recorder? Never owned a audio interface just messed around a bbit using an audio cable and acid express 7.0.

or how about a Focusrite iTrack Solo or a Used TASCAM US-144? What would be the best choice?
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Jan 13, 2014,