Page 2 of 2
Delboyuk_01
80 IQ
Quote by RCA1186
That's they way they do it now for the 2014 models

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Gibson-s-2014-New-Model-Year-Enhanced-Playability.aspx

"On recent models, the frets stopped short of the neck binding; 2014 New Model Year Gibsons feature frets which reach over the edges of the binding to provide a smoother playing surface, especially if you find yourself in the midst of an especially impassioned vibrato workout on the high E string."

Well I didn't know they had done that, learn something new every day lol.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ
Quote by RCA1186
Thanks! come to think of It I actually may have weighed it before I had the pots, knobs and bridge on there and that might be where I got my earlier number from.

there was a thread on mylespaul a while back where a guy went through and put his old norlin era LP on a diet. he shaved a lot off the total weight by replacing hardware and pots etc with lightweight quality stuff.

some people swear by lightweight hardware and say they can hear a difference.

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
RCA1186
I lurked your thread.
240 IQ
Quote by deadsmileyface
Rob C. Anicich? I see the photo on thee facebooks

That's the one, kind of blew up since "Gibson Les Paul" shared it haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
philwhite
20 IQ
That guitar is beautiful. I'm probably going to break down and blow my tax return on one like it.
RCA1186
I lurked your thread.
240 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
there was a thread on mylespaul a while back where a guy went through and put his old norlin era LP on a diet. he shaved a lot off the total weight by replacing hardware and pots etc with lightweight quality stuff.

some people swear by lightweight hardware and say they can hear a difference.

I'm used to the chunkier weight, I may consider that in the future though haha

+More

gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ

yeah i mean it's not a "heavy" one as it is, so i probably wouldn't either.

it's nice to see gibson making the newer finish colors. i'm sofa king "tired" of cherry bursts it's not funny.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato
170 IQ
That is the most stunning Les Paul I've ever seen. Hands ****ing down.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

N_J_B_B
Nicko.
30 IQ
That colour is so nice
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
RCA1186
I lurked your thread.
240 IQ
Wow, thanks guys, that means a lot, makes the sting of seeing the money gone in my account go away haha.

I have to agree, refreshing to see something different than a tobacco burst or wine red haha.
+More

Page 2 of 2