The question title pretty much sums it up. Is it possible to achieve a radio overdriven voice when you perform live? If yes, how can I do that? Can it be done by "playing" with the mixer eq or do I need an effect processor or something like that?
“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
Another way would be to take a small megaphone with you and sing through it at the mic. You will also look really cool doing it.
Id go for the megaphone ....if you can find a good flea market look for the old ones that you Could have on your bike as a kid.....had a little hand held trucker style cb and very low output so you won't have to stand a mile away
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_u-maDDNwTKk/SbbBicVnHII/AAAAAAAAAUM/diMjk7WeMXs/s1600-h/Bike+Megaphone.JPG
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Last edited by Blackst4r at Feb 19, 2014,
Sorted this one today...cup you hands around your mouth like your gunna shout....press slightly on the sides of your nose and remain about 1 to 2 cm away from your mic...this will make a nasaly-like boxed in sound that really worked quite well.

We were working on the announcer part in greendays "holiday".....for the megapfone I just stand back a bit more and shout putting my cupped hands under my nose.....honestly sounded better than with our real megapfone;-)