cha33 armstrong
175 IQ
Hello

Ive been looking at what I want my equipment to be in the future and im looking at hollow bodys

Since this is for future reference I will keep my budget at £700

What im looking for is
-Left handed
-Weighs less than an average les paul
-Humbuckers
-Under the price limit

(i will only go over the price limit if you're telling me I need a rickenbacker, like the ones paul weller and pete townshend used)

Thanks
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
beer bear
UG's Hermit
20 IQ
Hagström viking. I'm also a lefty, and I've been looking at one for a while. They sell over here for around 500-600€ so its inside your budget.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
Ibanez AF200 Artstar Prestige. You simply cannot go wrong!

"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Bad Kharmel
30 IQ
unless you really know you want a hollow body, and what you want it for I wouldn't suggest it just in general, they have versatility/feedback issues, but your price range is fine, you really just need to go to some guitar shops and play the guitars, and if possible through the amp/effects you'll be using, you find all sorts of things in terms of setup and playability that can effect the guitar more than simply the model, moreover especially with a hollow body you need to know it will work with your setup, if you're lucky a good guitar shop should have a few lefties on hand, good luck in your search
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
Agreed with above. Ibanez makes the best hollowbodies under $1,000 in my opinion.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by StewieSwan
my eyes are rolling harder than fred durst

cha33 armstrong
175 IQ
I havent seen any of the ibanez in LH models, whats the opinion here on the Eastwood Classic 6 LH?
- Frank Castle
cha33 armstrong
175 IQ
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
can I tempt you with a Fender '72 Thinline Tele?

As beautiful as it is no you cant, I want a big es335/gretsch or a rickenbacker 360
- Frank Castle
jpnyc
Banned
90 IQ
Quote by cha33 armstrong
As beautiful as it is no you cant, I want a big es335/gretsch or a rickenbacker 360

You want a semi-hollow, not a hollowbody. Ibanez makes great ones. Used ones usually sell for peanuts, so if you’re patient you can score a nice used one with a case cheap and spend the rest of your money paying a tech to replace the electronics with whatever you want. Schecter makes a nice 335 copy called the Corsair, they appear to be rare in the UK but you could score a used one for a lot less than £700.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
I missed the left-hand part, too. For a lefty archtop, the only ones I can think of are made by D'Angelico. Very nice guitars, to be sure:

http://dangelicoguitars.com/
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
250 IQ
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 15, 2014,
dspellman
100 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
Agreed with above. Ibanez makes the best hollowbodies under $1,000 in my opinion.

When you're right, you're right. I've got an AM205 from the early 80's that still blows people away. But left handed is a problem.

You might go to the Rondo Music site (www.rondomusic.com) and send Kurt Zentmaier an email asking him when/if he thought he might be getting some lefties of the Douglas WNO series (larger jazz-bodied type guitars) and the Agile AS-820 and AS-1000 series (a 335 type guitar). He does have them occasionally, but you have to attack when there's actually stock available. Not everything makes it onto the website, so it's a good idea to do the email thing.
nmcintyre2
10 IQ
Gretsch electromatic range is excellent
Fender Baja Telecaster
Gretsch G5422tdc
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Vox AC15C1