Page 44 of 44
Quote by UselessHero
Hey
I've been frustrated with my guitar tone since forever and finally came up with the idea of a new amp.
I currently own an Epiphone Futura Custom ( i love it.) use a Seymour Duncan Power Grid ( distortion) and... a tiny Ibanez IBZ10G.
The budget is 150 euros. Should i wait 'till i gain some more or i can easily find a substitute? Remember that this is a practice amp i'm talking about, something i can have fun with and at the same time not be afraid to record something.
Thanks

Save your money until your budget gets closer to 400-500 euros. You won't find anything decent for 150. At least not something you wont want to replace in 6 months.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Save your money until your budget gets closer to 400-500 euros. You won't find anything decent for 150. At least not something you wont want to replace in 6 months.

he tells the truth.

at the lower spectrum jet city amps aren't bad, but I don't really know what exactly you are looking for.

post a 'what amp thread' and provide proper information and that will help us find you what you are looking for
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

"Trashed's Shop is OPEN!!! Come on in and Check it out! (FRIDAY 2017-01-18)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/

Shop Tour!
---> https://youtu.be/KQVlpYaulhA
Hi all
i ve got a question about neunaber immersive. It has a detune and an echo function , which means it has its own chorus and delay (if you turn down the reverb knob). So , my question is ; if i buy this pedal ( i want it for ambient stuff) . then there is no need for me to buy a separate chorus (tc electronic corona) and delay (mxr m169) pedal? For example , if i wanna use chorus in a solo , will the neunaber do a good job just like a corona would do? The same example goes for the delay as well
Quote by johny0423
Hi all
i ve got a question about neunaber immersive. It has a detune and an echo function , which means it has its own chorus and delay (if you turn down the reverb knob). So , my question is ; if i buy this pedal ( i want it for ambient stuff) . then there is no need for me to buy a separate chorus (tc electronic corona) and delay (mxr m169) pedal? For example , if i wanna use chorus in a solo , will the neunaber do a good job just like a corona would do? The same example goes for the delay as well
The problem is if you want to switch between just a chorus, just a delay, just a reverb, or all 3 or any combination, you will have to reach down to adjust the pedal every time.
Will Lane Yeah you re right . it will be quite unpractical.Well to be honest I was trying to save some money but i ll end up buying all 3 of them :p Besides, i like the sound of them very much so i think it ll be worth it. Also , thanks for the feedback i appreciate it
johny0423 get a strymon mobius and a delay pedal of your choosing (or a strymon timeline if you want to go all out), not cheap, but you can do just about everything on them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Shop Tour!
trashedlostfdup Hi and thank you for the feedback. I just saw your comment (i saw and your other one in my pedal order thread too). Tbh, the mobius doesnt excite me very much, actually not at all. The timeline is really nice, but for some weird reason the Dig sounds better to my ears :p. Im actually thinking of grabbing both the dig and the mxr cause i just love the way they sound. As for my pedal order thread, the order you suggested makes a lot of sense and i ll definately try it Thanks again!
Quote by johny0423
trashedlostfdup Hi and thank you for the feedback. I just saw your comment (i saw and your other one in my pedal order thread too). Tbh, the mobius doesnt excite me very much, actually not at all. The timeline is really nice, but for some weird reason the Dig sounds better to my ears :p. Im actually thinking of grabbing both the dig and the mxr cause i just love the way they sound. As for my pedal order thread, the order you suggested makes a lot of sense and i ll definately try it Thanks again!

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Shop Tour!
Quote by DavidHox
Need a cable to connect a randall RG1503H and laney ironheart 212

I know I need a speaker cable, but CTL TPL SLL? Im confused help

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cat_rank.html?ar=109364
You should just need a standard 1/4 plug speaker cable. Make sure your cab is operating in mono with both speakers active at the proper ohm rating for your amp.
Quote by DavidHox
Need a cable to connect a randall RG1503H and laney ironheart 212

I know I need a speaker cable, but CTL TPL SLL? Im confused help

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cat_rank.html?ar=109364

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_ctl_15_pp.htm?sid=2c20f49ac44f9f2f34021f8496c61b7e

that should work ok. the cordial cables are pretty nice IMO, and not too expensive.

the cheaper ones like snake may well be fine too but i haven't tried them
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Question: I wan to run my guitar and a lap steel through one amp. I think I need some sort of A/B thing that can take the two cables from guitar and lap steel and have them output as one cable into the amp. I would also need to stitch between the guitar signal and the steel signal.

What would I need for that? A reverse A/B from Saturnworks or something?

Thanks
Duaneclapdrix Check out radial engineering, they used to have one if they don't anymore

it would be a super easy build if you are up to the task.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Shop Tour!
Hi, I will buy a Jackson with trading my PRS Se Custom 24. Im bored to play PRS.
A Jackson i find but where made the guitar i wonder.
It has 117334 serial on last fret. Owner says, guitar was made in Japan. A black-gold sticker says this, on back of neck-body connection. But owner rips off the sticker and im not sure guitar is Japan.
Owner says its a 2011 Japan Jackson. He switched the pickups Seymour Duncan from EMGHZ's.
Heres a photo on 25th fret, we can see serial.

http://i.hizliresim.com/r6O49V.jpg

I mailed Jackson but can not take a response.
Do you think the guitar was made from Japan ?
No its not.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hey, i'm going to buy a new guitar (Shecter Demon 6) and an amp and i really like the Orange Crush 12 but is it a good amp to play metal with ? I saw that it was a good rock/blues amp but not that good for metal so i'm hesitating, even if i'm not searching of a beast of heavy metal amp. Excuse my english and prethanks for answers
berdin_turgut have you not posted this enough? you got plenty of answers. it isn't MIJ.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Shop Tour!
Hi guys. I'm a complete and total NOOB to head/cabinet amp setups, and almost entirely embarrassed to admit so. But around Christmas I bought an Orange Micro Dark so that I'd have a micro lunchbox head to just chuck into a bag and bring along to jam sessions instead of having to lug around a huge combo amp or head on public transit.

The drummer I'm jamming with has a Peavey 4x12 speaker cabinet that has two jacks. It has a switch from mono to stereo modes. My amp's speaker output has an 8 ohm minimum impedance. His amp takes two 8 ohm inputs in stereo, or one 16 ohm in mono. Now, in stereo mode, I'm pretty sure the impedance would match, but you'd only get two of the four speakers, and I'm honestly not sure if running a cabinet in stereo mode with a mono amp head would cause any damage to either the cab or head. In mono mode, the cabinet still fits the requirements of the 8 ohm minimum, and I'd get all four speakers, but I've been told that the impedance difference would cause a drastic enough reduction in volume that it'd be noticeable. Considering my amp head is only 20W solid state (with a tube preamp section), I'm wondering how I should set this up, just so that I don't fuck up any of the equipment. I'm hoping that in any case, the amp head also retains its reputation for being louder than the specs say.

Anyway, thanks!
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
Last edited by travislausch at Jan 1, 2017,
yep as far as i'm aware you're pretty much correct- using the 8 ohm stereo setting on the cab will give you the full power of the head but only two speakers, using the 16 ohm mono setting on the cab will give you all 4 speakers but might drop the wattage coming from the head a bit. it's up to you which is the lesser compromise... basically try both and see which sounds better, I guess.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc

So in either case, I'm unlikely to damage the head or cab, then? That's my main concern.

Grew up spoiled with combo amps. :P

Edit: I'm also well aware of changing from mono to stereo while the amp is plugged in being a problem, since the cab in question already has a warning label in place.

Luckily, I've already tried the Micro Dark through a Hughes And Kettner 2x12 while I was in the store buying it, and it sounds IMMENSE already, so I might just take the "stereo" route.
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
Last edited by travislausch at Jan 1, 2017,
ok, I don't know if this goes here in the gear thread or if I should look for a computer tech website. But anyways, elsewhere here I mentioned inheriting a DigiTech RP150 Modelling Guitar Processor. I heard from someone that X-Edit would be a good program to download. So I did.

Here's the problem! I can't find it anywhere! The ONLY way for me to open the program is to use its wizard to uninstall it and then reinstall it and use the launch program option at the end of install. But when I install it, I've put it in my documents, no folders or icons are there. I install it and put it on the desktop, no folders or icons show up. No matter where I tell the install wizard to put it, nothing shows up.

And I know it's on my computer, because it successfully launches at the end of the install. I've already put some patches on to my pedal. I have more to put on it, but I want to just double click an icon instead of uninstalling and reinstalling. That gets old and irritating after a while.

oh, no actual question in my post. Ok, can anyone help me with this>
Thank you #21! Tim Duncan!!!
Last edited by ComaAlpha at Jan 2, 2017,
Quote by Will Lane
ComaAlpha Weird. Maybe you have some files hidden? You should be able to "show hidden files" somehow in your file explorer. Then create a desktop shortcut.

I thought of that and tried to remedy it as such, but that still didn't work. But the problem fixed itself.

Last time my computer was running I didn't uninstall the program, so I ran the wizard again expecting it to ask me ask me to modify, replace or uninstall, but instead it installed all over again.

I think it had something to do with Chomodo not running when I installed it repeatedly. This morning Chomodo started like it was supposed to and when I installed the X-Edit again, this time it DID create icons and folders.

But now I have another question. There's a stock acoustic setting that I like (the bridge to Alive, verses on Shine and Hunger Strike, etc), but the problem is that it's WAY quieter than other tones/effects that are also on the pedal. I went upon the steps I thought I knew and even downloaded a PDF of the manual (the physical manual is here somewhere I'm guessing) but I can't seem to make it as loud as other acoustic tones/effects that are on the pedal that I don't quite like as much. Any help on that would be useful.
Thank you #21! Tim Duncan!!!
Quote by travislausch
Dave_Mc

So in either case, I'm unlikely to damage the head or cab, then? That's my main concern.

Grew up spoiled with combo amps. :P

As far as I'm aware you should be ok either way, as you said, but I don't really have much experience with solid state guitar amps into cabs, so you might want to wait until you get it confirmed by someone else. Or maybe email orange to see what they say?
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

travislausch Run it at 16 ohms. That will cause a halving of power but that will be compensated for by using twice the speakers. Nothing will explode.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ComaAlpha
I thought of that and tried to remedy it as such, but that still didn't work. But the problem fixed itself.

Last time my computer was running I didn't uninstall the program, so I ran the wizard again expecting it to ask me ask me to modify, replace or uninstall, but instead it installed all over again.

I think it had something to do with Chomodo not running when I installed it repeatedly. This morning Chomodo started like it was supposed to and when I installed the X-Edit again, this time it DID create icons and folders.

But now I have another question. There's a stock acoustic setting that I like (the bridge to Alive, verses on Shine and Hunger Strike, etc), but the problem is that it's WAY quieter than other tones/effects that are also on the pedal. I went upon the steps I thought I knew and even downloaded a PDF of the manual (the physical manual is here somewhere I'm guessing) but I can't seem to make it as loud as other acoustic tones/effects that are on the pedal that I don't quite like as much. Any help on that would be useful.

When the program is running, start Task Manager.
Right click on the program file in Task Manager
Select "Open File Location".
(Works for Windows 10, dunno about earlier versions of Windows, but I'm pretty sure that option was in Task Manager in earlier versions in some way.)
Dave_Mc

Worked out just fine. I kept it to 8 ohm and just used half of the 4x12. Absolutely shocked and surprised at just how much volume the Micro Dark puts out. Doesn't sound loud on paper (20 watt solid-state power section with a 12AX7 preamp tube), but through two 12" speakers, I couldn't even get the volume up past the 10:00 position without risking ear fatigue, and the 9:00 position was just loud enough to play with my drummer. Anyone who mocks this amp for its size has absolutely no idea what they're talking about because this thing is "holy fuck!" loud.

Cathbard

I'll probably give that a try next time, but after my experience I mentioned above, I think I'm fine with 2x12. Seriously blown away by this amp!
^ nice
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

In some ways a 2x12 is better than a 4x12. At least they don't beam treble on axis.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
In some ways a 2x12 is better than a 4x12. At least they don't beam treble on axis.

I can't ever see myself, at least in the foreseeable future, ever going back to a 4x12 from my 2x12.
My 2x12 just works perfectly for me.
OK, so it helps that I built it myself and am a bit attached to it I guess.
Evenin' all.
So there is 44 pages here and I can't read.

Do any of you have a VT100X and if so, are they good?
I'm thinking about buying one and just wanted to check if they're worth it. Cheers.
I'll be mostly using it at home and maybe the odd small gig.

UltimateGuizar I do not have one but have done research on VOX's modeling lines. The VT stuff is solid for what it is, but it is digital. They recently came out with the AV line with is "analog modeling" so I would look into those before the VT. Higher gain tones could be a bit lacking with either line, though, depending on the user. I would not bother with getting the 100w VT in the first place, the lower-watt models have the same brains for the most part.
Looking into buying a looper. Would I be better served with a Boss RC-1 or an EHX Nano 360? In a similar vein, would the RC-3 or the 720 be worth the extra $50 or $80, respectively?

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by necrosis1193
Looking into buying a looper. Would I be better served with a Boss RC-1 or an EHX Nano 360? In a similar vein, would the RC-3 or the 720 be worth the extra $50 or $80, respectively?

It depends on how much you want to get into looping.

If you just want something that'll let you do simple loops that you want to dub over, then the RC1 and Nano 360 (and other pedals like the TC Ditto) are perfectly good. The more expensive loopers give you more parameters to control and are a bit easier to use. The simpler loopers force you to execute different functions by making you memorize timed button presses on a single switch which I find a pain. The more expensive loopers also give you options such as being able to upload your loops straight to an audio sequencer. You can technically do this as well if you just DI the output of the looper into the sequencer and upload it that way. They give you the ability to record longer loops, stereo ins and outs and multiple volume controls if you're dubbing saved loops over other loops.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care