Page 47 of 47
Quote by andre.fontes.es
Food oils? But those oils are meant to clean and hydrate wood furniture, this is what I use:

And the luthier uses avocado oil that is meant to clean furniture as well. Most times those products you buy at guitar stores to clean the fretboard are basically this stuff as well.

Fretboard cleaner is either naptha or mineral oil. Sometimes scented. Its not avocado oil or anything else.

Also furniture is finished and treated. Its not the same as a guitar neck most of the time.

If you want to chuck avocado oil on your guitar. Go for it. Im just telling you what I know. If you feel different. Fine.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hi, I've been playing guitar for a couple years now and I am 14. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Traditional and I want a nice tube amp to go along with it. Right now I have a Line 6 Amplifi and it really isn't doing it for me, it feels very electronic and I don't like the distortion on it. I like everything from rock to metal and I don't mind if the amp is a combo or a stack. I would like to be able to get a versatile amp that could get Marshall distortion and nice clean tones. I work every day, but don't want to pay more than $2,000, any suggestions?
Quote by gav8222
Hi, I've been playing guitar for a couple years now and I am 14. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Traditional and I want a nice tube amp to go along with it. Right now I have a Line 6 Amplifi and it really isn't doing it for me, it feels very electronic and I don't like the distortion on it. I like everything from rock to metal and I don't mind if the amp is a combo or a stack. I would like to be able to get a versatile amp that could get Marshall distortion and nice clean tones. I work every day, but don't want to pay more than $2,000, any suggestions?

I would make your own thread for this. It is not really a quick question. Short answer, though, would be to look into Marshall's high-end tube amps.
gav8222

Agreed as to start a thread. My amp suggestions are a Mesa Triple Crown or used Royal Atlantic, or something like an Orange TH30. Depending on particular types of rock or metal you intend to play.

Which details are best handled in your own thread.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well, I'm consistent!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

So, I just got my Laney IRT120H. My problem is I'm not sure which speaker jack to hook it up to. I have a 2x12 Avatar Cab wired at 8 OHMS. My problem is I'm not sure if that's 2x4 ohms speakers wired together, or 8 Paralleled. The input options are 1 (8 ohm) or 2 (8 ohm) and the same option for 16 ohm inputs.
How about the text above the outputs that says "refer to manual for connection details" ?

Easy answer, though, is plug the 1*8 ohm out from the head into the 1(8 ohm) in on the cab. Or the same thing with 16 ohms. 
How the two speakers in the Avatar are wired is irrelevant, it's a mono signal so there's no benefit to using two inputs/outputs. Just match ohms and use one cable. 
Quote by gav8222
Hi, I've been playing guitar for a couple years now and I am 14. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Traditional and I want a nice tube amp to go along with it.
Right now I have a Line 6 Amplifi and it really isn't doing it for me, it feels very electronic and I don't like the distortion on it.
I like everything from rock to metal and I don't mind if the amp is a combo or a stack. I would like to be able to get a versatile amp that could get Marshall distortion and nice clean tones. I work every day, but don't want to pay more than $2,000, any suggestions?

How much do you want to sell and ship?
nico_9550
Don't know that one in particular, but generally speaking, a head needs to be plugged into a cab for safe operation.

Quote by nico_9550
Can  I run a H&K Tubemeister 18 head without plugging in a cab? So I can use the cab sim out for home practice 

Quote by dannyalcatraz
nico_9550
Don't know that one in particular, but generally speaking, a head needs to be plugged into a cab for safe operation.

When in doubt, look it up and read the manual. http://hughes-and-kettner.com/products/tubemeister/tubemeister-18/tubemeister-18-head/

From what I see, it has a speaker defeat option on the back as well as the Redbox IR DI.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
nico_9550

Quote by Will Lane
When in doubt, look it up and read the manual. http://hughes-and-kettner.com/products/tubemeister/tubemeister-18/tubemeister-18-head/

From what I see, it has a speaker defeat option on the back as well as the Redbox IR DI.

Great, thanks! 
Question bout line 6 pod AND laney ironheart 15

Laney iron heart is valve amo,it has headphones out,it has good connectivity to computer,full/1w power ..that seems like a perfect amp for like everything am i right? Loud enough for band,can practice on headphones,can plug to computer,any cons about it? Is it like way too loud?

Pocket pod
So if i get it right i can use pocket pod as a multieffect if plugged to amp, i can plug headphones,i can plug to computer for further controls/recording and i can practice on the road am i right? If i want to play throu comp i have to plug it to port and then to comp right? Is there any problem with wondows 10 compatibility?

Thx
^ i haven't tried it but 1 watt is still usually very loud, and 15 watts might not be enough for clean cleans. and also 15 watts usually doesn't sound as good for metal as higher wattage amps, even at the same volume.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey

Ive just found out that matamp makes the "MINIMAT" lunchbox amplifier. Might be possibly the best option for the 1 year playing guitarist nostly oriented to doom/stoner/blues/psychedelia in bedroom or occasional jamming with friends am i right?

Anyone had experience with it? Im not going to make a new thread so far,just quick question.... in still looking to get myself some good amp for living room jamming, it doesnt have to be THAT quiet,just not to crack the walls. For midnight playin i can use my pocket pod....

Cons -
just one channel
Just one tone knob (contour is that called?)
No fx loop (im using just one fuzz pedal and a looper,but im after a octaver,maybe delay in the future)
Personally I'd go for a real Terror, not a micro.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by scheibenreif.norbert
You mean micro dark ? Or an actual DT ?

Dark
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hey

Ive just found out that matamp makes the "MINIMAT" lunchbox amplifier. Might be possibly the best option for the 1 year playing guitarist nostly oriented to doom/stoner/blues/psychedelia in bedroom or occasional jamming with friends am i right?

Anyone had experience with it? Im not going to make a new thread so far,just quick question.... in still looking to get myself some good amp for living room jamming, it doesnt have to be THAT quiet,just not to crack the walls. For midnight playin i can use my pocket pod....

Cons -
just one channel
Just one tone knob (contour is that called?)
No fx loop (im using just one fuzz pedal and a looper,but im after a octaver,maybe delay in the future)

never tried that one but matamps are usually pretty good. whether it's what you want, though, i'm not sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Next quick question

Got minotaur fuzz pedal(germanium) its fuzz +overdrive.
When i turn on both fuzz and drive, terrible noise occures. I can fiddle the knoba on guitar, or pedal, the noise is owerpovering everything....why ? On video on youtube the guy uses both channels and i didnt notice the noise...i go from guitar straight to amp with it,no other pedals

Do i need an all tube amp? I got it powered thru battery... do i need beeter guitar cable?noise gate? ,is the pedal broken somehow?

Amp is Kustom hybrid hv 65
Last edited by scheibenreif.norbert at Sep 30, 2017,
Got minotaur fuzz pedal(germanium) its fuzz +overdrive.
When i turn on both fuzz and drive, terrible noise occures... I can fiddle the knoba on guitar, or pedal, the noise is owerpovering everything....why ?

i can't totally say for sure, but it sounds like you gain may be set too high, it seems like you are getting uncontrollable feedback (which is not uncommon when boosting a fuzz). it looks like the pedal has two gain knobs. start with the gain on both around 2 and start increasing the gain on either, explore what the pedal does with different ranges of settings.

i run a boosted fuzz setup sometimes, i tend to run the boost side around 7 or 8 and the fuzz around 2 to 4. this may work, but there are many different fuzz builds and they are all temperamental, so explore what works best for your pedal.

Do i need an all tube amp?

no, though a better amp always sounds better a tube amp is not always better. i have run boosts into digital amp emulators before and it sounds acceptable, running a boost into a fuzz and solid state amp shouldn't result in a horrible noise.

I got it powered thru battery...

this shouldn't make a difference if everything is working properly.

do i need beeter guitar cable?noise gate?

no, you don't need a better cable unless your cable cuts out all the time. i wouldn't recommend a noise gate, it is a band aid solution at best to that problem. a noise gate is more effective at dealing more subtle noise problems, not fixing horrible noise problems.

,is the pedal broken somehow?

it could be, it's always a possibility.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I run the pedal on clean channel on my hybrid combo. The ugly noise occures only when both overdrive and fuzz is on.
The noise is same even when both knobs on pedal are all the way down ..
https://reverb.com/item/4019555-minotaur-sonic-terrors-fuzz-burn-fuzz-overdrive-doom-metal-stoner-rock-boost-pedal-effect this is the pedal. As you can see there is heavy/heavyer switch. The noise occures only on heavyer setting
quick question on impedance with heads and cabs, planning on picking up an orange dual terror which has 2x 8ohm and 1x16 ohm outputs, the cab i'm looking at using with it for now is a jet city 24s which has 1x8ohm mono and 2x16ohm stereo. Is the best way to hook it up just 1 8 ohm on head to the 8 ohm mono on cab? And if I pick up another of the same cabs and want to run 4x12 is that possible or would 2 8ohm outputs into 2 8 ohm cabs end up with 4 ohm resistance?

Sorry for the questions i'm just used to using combos.
nevermind found some more info on the dual terror and it only does 2x16ohm cabs to equal 8ohms so i'd be limited to just using the single 2x12 in 8 ohm mono