Page 46 of 46
Hi all. So, which is the best 1x12 cab for the evh lbx ii? Mesa mini rectifier (v30) or evh (g12h30) ? I play mostly metal. Personally, im leaning towards the mesa but i ve heard v30s meke this amp sound too harsh(?) So which of the two would you pick and why? Thanks in advance!
^ What type of metal?

I haven't tried the amp, or either cab (this is going well ), but yeah I'd have said a V30 (though the mesa one is slightly different from the off-the-shelf one) is probably more aimed towards metal than a G12h30 which sounds more to me like 70s hard rock. But as i said above, it does depend on what you mean by metal. And also exactly how that specific amp and those specific cabs sound...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc Hi dave thanks for the reply, i play a lot of modern metal and a bit of thrash but mostly modern. I was supposed to go with the 6505 mini head, but i read bad things about its reliability (overheating problems, etc), so the lbx ii was the second best alternative.
thanks. I'd imagine the v30 is the safer choice, then, but with the caveats I mentioned above- I haven't tried your amp or those specific cabs, and it's ages since I've tried the Mesa version of the V30.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by bnjmnhrbst
What Strap Locks would fit in / have the same screws as my Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer?

none. they all have smaller screws. take a tooth pick, stick it in with some wood glue. let dry. next day, put the screws in that come with the straplocks, and you are good. I have 18 guitars with straplocks did ALL of them this way, and never have had a problem. it is to a degree standard procedure.

that said, i exclusively use schaller.
Quote by bnjmnhrbst
trashedlostfdup
Thank you so much!

No problem!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!*** NEW NEW NEW!
2017/03/25 Nitrocellulose -vs- Polyester Finishes (Saturday 2017-03-25)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
WAT???

Why am I no longer a moderator??? D:
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
WAT???

Why am I no longer a moderator??? D:

you still have the blue by your name.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!*** NEW NEW NEW!
2017/03/25 Nitrocellulose -vs- Polyester Finishes (Saturday 2017-03-25)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ it was away yesterday when I saw his post first
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by trashedlostfdup
you still have the blue by your name.

It's been fixed now. I changed the address that UG recognizes as me recently, which was probably what triggered the bug.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
LaBella strings? While Ernie Ball and D'Addario are what I've been sticking with for guitars, I'm considering La Bella bass strings when I restring my bass. From what I've gathered, they have a long life and are well-made and the current head seems to take pride in them. I'm aware of the brand, and they seem relatively inexpensive (an RX series 5-string of 130-45 is around $20 at Sweetwater vs $25-30 for similar Ernie Ball). 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587
*mods
Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Help identifying these guitars? 

Photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzpIEM0x1YqALVVpaE1pTC1TQkU?usp=sharing 

I found these guitars in the trash (unbelievably) and would like some help identifying them. They are in poor shape, but are clearly vintage models from Charvel and Kramer. 

Guitar one: I believe it is a KRAMER Focus 1000 from the 1980s.Unfortunately the body is completely painted over on the front.   Has a Floyd Rose tremolo with a whammy bar.  Back says "KRAMER 62836" and neck has "Made in Japan" stamped on it. 

Guitar two: I believe it is a Charvel, 1987 Model 3. Back says "Charvel 281311" and manufactured in Fort Worth, TX. Tuning knobs say Jackson.   

I'm curious to see if these might be worth restoring and how much that might cost. Or if there is any market to sell these?  
Just need a little guidance on these tuners, kinda new to these. There's a small hole in the back of the tuners, I'm going to assume I need to push that in, then Left to loosen and right to tighten? Help...

Flying in a blue dream
Quote by SanDune65
Just need a little guidance on these tuners, kinda new to these. There's a small hole in the back of the tuners, I'm going to assume I need to push that in, then Left to loosen and right to tighten? Help...

Those are vintage style tuners for future reference:

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ah cool, I was kinda lost there for a minute, thanks.
Flying in a blue dream
I bought a EB 11-54 strings for C# tuning (RR3 guitar). THEY ARE SO FUC... TIGHT AND FAT AND THICK. I am so pissed now. Will a 10-46 (DR strings) be enought for C#? I liked them very much in D. Or maybe I should stay with that EB's?
I just bought and put on a dunlop 10-46+52 KFK signature set strings and they feel quite tight on C# tuning about as tight as 9s on standard and tight enough to drop the 46 gauge to B without it being floppy like a 46 gauge should at B. Is this set one of the Heavy Core sets and it's not stated anywhere or am I just going crazy?
I don't think 46s will work for C#. I use at least 52s for my C in NST.

But then again, I buy some singles and/or mix & match gauges- effectively making custom sets- for my NST-tuned axes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by lichbane1401
I just bought and put on a dunlop 10-46+52 KFK signature set strings and they feel quite tight on C# tuning about as tight as 9s on standard and tight enough to drop the 46 gauge to B without it being floppy like a 46 gauge should at B. Is this set one of the Heavy Core sets and it's not stated anywhere or am I just going crazy?

C# standard? Cuz unless you mean dropped C# it sounds like you're playing with noodles. I'm with ^^^ on this one. 52 is even pushing it for me at C since I do 10-52 (EB Skinny Top Heavy Bottom) on dropped C# to E standard.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at May 17, 2017,
Yes i mean C# standard and drop B. I've researched a bit and 10-46 should feel a between 8s and 9s but it feels tighter than 9s and the 46 gauge string isn't a total spaghetti that's why im asking if this set is Heavy Core
Last edited by lichbane1401 at May 18, 2017,
Can I sharpen tremolo edges (JT580LP) by myself? Or I NEED to change whole bridge?
My RR3 just doesn't return to tuning after using whammy bar.