Page 45 of 45
Apparently, there's a bunch of "pedal amps"- stompboxes that essentially function as amps for pedals you plug into them, but don't have a speaker- being showcased at NAMM 2017.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Apparently, there's a bunch of "pedal amps"- stompboxes that essentially function as amps for pedals you plug into them, but don't have a speaker- being showcased at NAMM 2017.
Any specifics? Are you saying ones that do have a power amp itself built in or not? Having one built in would be a bother for direct to PA use.

I know they exist but which ones you are talking about I am not sure. I know Mooer is releasing some new amp-in-a-box units. VOX just released some mini heads as well.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 28, 2017,
Quote by Will Lane
Any specifics? Are you saying ones that do have a power amp itself built in or not? Having one built in would be a bother for direct to PA use.

I know they exist but which ones you are talking about I am not sure. I know Mooer is releasing some new amp-in-a-box units. VOX just released some mini heads as well.

Just this:
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Will Lane
Thanks for the reply, so in other words I just need to buy a preamp head (that can provide me with clean tone,etc such as marshalls or fenders) and also that pedal that you're talking about (speaker cabinet simulation) or I just need to buy that pedal, Tech 21 Sansamp character series that has everything i need built in (preamp+speaker cabinet simulation built in)? Also what is the best option that can give me the best sound for live events? And if i buy just that preamp pedal effect, which one should i buy, one thats has a clean channel or just a normal one that only has drive, treble, mid, bass amd volume?( I'm looking forwars for one that can give me a nice clean sound without the distortion pedal activate but when i actually activate the distortion pedal can help the effect to give me that rich sound aswell)
Last edited by Jeanpr002 at Jan 29, 2017,
Jeanpr002 The http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/characterseries.html are preamps with cabinet simulation. If you want cleans, the "clean oriented" versions are the Leeds (based on a HiWatt), Liverpool (based on a VOX), Blonde (based on a Fender).
Will Lane
I just want one that can give me a clean awesome tone when i want to play clean but at the same time one that can help the distortion and over drive pedals to do its job. I mean, thats what a preamp head does. I just want one that can do me all that like an amp head will do.
Last edited by Jeanpr002 at Jan 29, 2017,
Morning guys, bought my first noncombo amp, I never even had seen one before funny enough.

So I looked all over the speaker for a spot to plug the Power supply in.... And I see nothing. Is the love cable from the amp all it needs for power and playing?

Hope you laughed, if u didn't u should. Amp is RG1503H and Cab is IRT212.
Cable is https://www.thomann.de/pt/cordial_ctl_15_pp.htm.

Cheers.
The guy from the small island with no music shops.
MV

P.S Cable says 50volt MAX?
Last edited by DavidHox at Feb 13, 2017,
Quote by DavidHox
Morning guys, bought my first noncombo amp, I never even had seen one before funny enough.

So I looked all over the speaker for a spot to plug the Power supply in.... And I see nothing. Is the love cable from the amp all it needs for power and playing?

Hope you laughed, if u didn't u should. Amp is RG1503H and Cab is IRT212.
Cable is https://www.thomann.de/pt/cordial_ctl_15_pp.htm.

Cheers.
The guy from the small island with no music shops.
MV

P.S Cable says 50volt MAX?

The speaker cab does not use a power cable. It is powered by the speaker cable from your amp head. Just make sure you use an actual speaker cable to hook the head up to the cab and not an instrument cable. Insert a speaker cable into one of the "Speaker Outputs" on the back of the amp then insert it into the "Input" jack on the back of your cab.
Thanks JR, one more question.
The effect loop, I don't own any pedals. Do I plug a cable from send to return or just leave it open?
Hey guys, a friend of mine got a used Jim Root dark terror, the seller didn't have the adapter for the amp. Would it be fine to use any adapters with the same voltage readings or it should be the same one from Orange?
Quote by nemo178
Hey guys, a friend of mine got a used Jim Root dark terror, the seller didn't have the adapter for the amp. Would it be fine to use any adapters with the same voltage readings or it should be the same one from Orange?
What adapter? You mean the cable that plugs into the wall that then plugs into the amp? You should just need a standard IEC cable to 3-prong Edison if you're in the states. If you have a foreign voltage amp (100V, 230V) you will need to get a transformer.
Hello everybody!
I want to buy a bigsby b5 for my SG, but i dont have that money. I saw a lot of fake b5 tremolo's in nice prices.
i would like to ask you 2 questions:
1. Has anyone ever tried one of those? How was it?
2. Is it fit to vibramate v5??

Thanks to all
And sorry if i had an english mistakes..
Quote by ikokoko
Hello everybody!
I want to buy a bigsby b5 for my SG, but i dont have that money. I saw a lot of fake b5 tremolo's in nice prices.
i would like to ask you 2 questions:
1. Has anyone ever tried one of those? How was it?
2. Is it fit to vibramate v5??

Thanks to all
And sorry if i had an english mistakes..

Fakes are a good way to get a tremolo that doesn't fit right and doesn't stay in tune.

The only thing that fits a Vibramate is genuine Bigsby products. Stay away from fakes. Also make sure the Bigsby you have is the right size for the Vibramate you have cause they have different sizes.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Will Lane I meant the power outlet cable, I'm not in the states and the amp is designed for 230V (what we get here) I assume theres no need for a transformer. So any power cable (not sure about the term used) would work fine if the readings would be the same?
nemo178 Yes. Power cables like that typically do not have ratings like an adapter would (say, 9v DC center negative 200mA). Ratings on power cables are typically what kind of temperatures the casing can handle, the max voltage the wiring can take before it starts to melt, etc. Any typical cable you can get in your area should work.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 14, 2017,
^ Jet cities are worth a look too. It does depend on what you mean by high gain- they're more 80s high gain, really. Plenty of gain, but a more classic voicing.

Also bear in mind not all of the jet cities are high gain- the high wattage heads are, and the 50 watt 1x12 combo (not the 2x12 combo). the jca22 combo is as well (not the 20 combo).

They could name them a bit less confusingly, really...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?