Page 46 of 46
Hi all. So, which is the best 1x12 cab for the evh lbx ii? Mesa mini rectifier (v30) or evh (g12h30) ? I play mostly metal. Personally, im leaning towards the mesa but i ve heard v30s meke this amp sound too harsh(?) So which of the two would you pick and why? Thanks in advance!
^ What type of metal?

I haven't tried the amp, or either cab (this is going well ), but yeah I'd have said a V30 (though the mesa one is slightly different from the off-the-shelf one) is probably more aimed towards metal than a G12h30 which sounds more to me like 70s hard rock. But as i said above, it does depend on what you mean by metal. And also exactly how that specific amp and those specific cabs sound...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc Hi dave thanks for the reply, i play a lot of modern metal and a bit of thrash but mostly modern. I was supposed to go with the 6505 mini head, but i read bad things about its reliability (overheating problems, etc), so the lbx ii was the second best alternative.
thanks. I'd imagine the v30 is the safer choice, then, but with the caveats I mentioned above- I haven't tried your amp or those specific cabs, and it's ages since I've tried the Mesa version of the V30.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?