I am going to start playing electric guitar and I don't know what to buy.

I came across these two packages but which one is better, Behringer Metalien Or Yamaha ERG121C?

Please let me know if you would like to recommend another brand.
if you give us a budget and some info like what kind of music you play, current gear, location, etc. I promise you we can find you something better than either one of those guitars. I had a friend give me a metalien and it was the biggest POS guitar i've ever played.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Quote by ethan_hanus
Wait...Behringer makes guitars??? Do they catch on fire or what?

Abysmal beginner guitars. They’re the awful USB guitars sold in Skymall.
Hey guys, I'm still a beginner and this will be my first guitar so, I don't want to buy an expensive one at the moment but I still need one with a good sound quality. I want a guitar by which I can practice different kind of music (country, blues, rock..)

Can I get a whole package (Guitar, Amplifier, Tuner, Picks, Gig Bag, Strap, String Winder, Cable) with a budget around $270?

Here you are the two packages I was talking about:

Yamaha ERG121C Pack:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-ERG121-Gigmaker-Electric-Guitar/dp/B00BCIJB68

Behringer GPK836BK Metalien Guitar Pack:
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-GPK836BK-Metalien-Guitar-Pack/dp/B000Y3580U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/184-5311507-1121830

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Last edited by mike100544 at Feb 15, 2014,
^ what country are you in? that affects prices a lot.

the big problem is you don't want to spend too much because you aren't sure if you'll stick with it, but you also want something decent. that's sort of the paradox with starting out, unfortunately.

is your budget flexible at all? no worries if it's not, but if you have more money and are just arbitrarily setting your budget in stone, that's normally a bad idea. a little more money will often get you something which is much better.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

i dont know about the Behringer

but i started with the yamaha package but it was different guitar mine was eg 112 it was ok for me as a beginner but i hated the clean channel

have you looked at used gear ?