I am between 2 guitars a Taylor Big Baby or a blueridge contemporary series BR-40. I have never heard of the blueridge but everything I read about it says its good and I know Taylors are good. Can't anyone help steer me in a direction
Blueridge's are fantastic guitars when you get into the mid/upper levels. i played a br40 long ago but don't remember my opinion. while being a taylor fan, not a big fan of the BB... didn't think anyone bought them anymore since the GS mini came out.
if you are looking for a primary acoustic, i'd wait a bit longer and get one that'll hold up to your growing experience.
if it were me, i know that Yamaha's FG730S would keep me outta the Suck for a lot longer than the 2 primary choices.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Last edited by stepchildusmc at Mar 7, 2014,
i'd go with the blueridge ahead of the big baby, but the big baby isn't a bad guitar and might be better if you prefer a brighter sound. i've played many blueridges, and own one. that being said, blueridge guitars are a bit less consistent tonewise than taylors - taylors are the king of consistency - and yamahas are fairly consistant, also.

if it were me, i'd get a seagull S6 or S6 slim, which to me are among the best sounding solid tops in existence, or i'd get a yamaha FG730, which are quite nice. otherwise i'd save up a little more and get an all solid blueridge BR-140 or a taylor GS mini, both of which i'd prefer to the two guitars you listed.

btw, since you're unfamiliar with blueridge, here's the BR-140
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_140/130804/35952
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
not quite as warm a tone, but very close.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Yammie. if your ordering online, you know what your going to get.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)