Hello everyone. I' m having a hard time choosing between a Zoom G9.2tt or a Vox Tonelab EX. Both are 2nd hand and in mint condition. the price difference would be like 50-60$ since they're 2nd hand. Any suggestions what I should take? Thanks in Advance
I have and used the Zoom G9.2tt for about 5 years it's a great MFX unit and works quite well the sims were great on it and the two pedals make it a nice tool for a lead guitarist especially with the Z-pedal on the right.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Quote by amatas83
I have and used the Zoom G9.2tt for about 5 years it's a great MFX unit and works quite well the sims were great on it and the two pedals make it a nice tool for a lead guitarist especially with the Z-pedal on the right.

How about the tube? Did you replace them?
The Vox has a lot of well done presets. I found the G9.2TT hard to tweak good sounds, but doable. The EX IIRC is a much newer unit. I would pick the EX.
If those are the only two to choose from, definitely the tonelab. A friend of mine has an older, smaller tonelab and its a pretty solid multifx. I wouldn't worry about the tube, I doubt it does much. A new Zoom G3 is less than $200, consider that. A G3 will sound better than the 9.2 and have more useable features than the vox, imo.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
never needed to replace the 12ax7 in there. Preamp tubes have a long life so unless it goes dark should be fine.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
The G3 is a good one as well I'm using that now in my live rig along with a few other pedals since I lost some capability with dropping the 2 pedals of the G9.2tt to the G3 but sounds are better more options now too.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable