So I got new strings and sanded down the bridge to make the strings lower so that its easier to play but on the 4th string 13th fret, if I pluck it, it tends to buzz... Anyone know what's going on? Or what I can do to fix it?
~Maddi Sweetz~
It would seem like you sanded the "saddle" down too far, now wouldn't it?

Or, a high fret, or, no relief in the neck, or, a top nut in which the groove is too deep. (Under that specific string).
if you stick a quarter between the strings and the fretboard on the 12th fret and the strings touch it...you sanded too much off...time to hit up stewmac and order another. it's a pain in the butt at first but easier if you just loosen the strings, remove the saddle and sand it a little, reinstall, tune it up and check.... rinse and repeat as necessary.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Saddle? Is that what its called? Sorry guys, I've only been playing since end of August 2013, I don't know too much bout the guitar itself mainly just how to play.
~Maddi Sweetz~
Quote by valorsweetz
Saddle? Is that what its called? Sorry guys, I've only been playing since end of August 2013, I don't know too much bout the guitar itself mainly just how to play.
Only the wood part glued onto the guitar is the "bridge". The string support is the "saddle".
Merr... Well thanks anyway. Some more knowledge on the guitar. I'll find a way to fix it. Thanks guys. That's what I was guessing what was wrong with it(the whole sanding it down and stuff.)
~Maddi Sweetz~