Hello everybody!

I recently recorded myself improvising over this texas style blues backing track, so I decided to upload it to youtube. I would really love some constructive criticism from you guys on my playing. I know there's a lot of faults here, but I also think there's some good parts.

Of course, I will C4C, so that your time will not be wasted

Texas style blues jam

Thanks in advance!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Marshall MG 250DFX
Line 6 HD500
Great track dude! Very smooth playing, your licks come out nicely, though I think at times you're repeating the same phrase a bit much. Overall, a nicely constructed solo - it's got an SRV vibe to it.

Tone wise, I like what you're doing - a clear, crisp lead tone. Did you do the rhythm too? Some nice things happening there.

Check out my track at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32445288

Kudos!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Thanks for the comments, guys! Hitman, I really get what you're saying about how things get a little repetitive in the solo. And to answer your question, I didn't do the rhythm too, this was a backing track from guitar techniques

Checking out your track right now
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Marshall MG 250DFX
Line 6 HD500
As I listen:

The playing's very clean, and you do a good job of changing the feel of your lead parts when the rhythm section changes, which can make solos feel a lot stronger. The only thing I think could improve this is some more laid-back, spacey leads to break up the otherwise constant soloing.

Good work. If you'd like to return a crit, the link's in my sig.
Nice playing, indeed maybe you should put some more pauses in your playing but otherwise great job!