Offworld92
One among the fence.
520 IQ
You shouldn't use household cleaners on unsealed wood like rosewood and ebony. it will seep into the pores and cause damage over time. That stuff is meant to polish sealed furniture and stuff.

I use Gibson Luthier fretboard conditioner and I love it. I've tried the Dunlop stuff and I don't like it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
1,151 IQ
My guitars' fretboards are rosewood and i clean them with Dunlop Fretboard 65 Ultimate Lemon Oil. It's very good.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
BledGhostWhite
Stop being a centipede
90 IQ
I've got some red Planet Waves spray, but I didn't like it too much. I use Dunlop Lemon Oil as well, and it's awesome. Though every fretboard cleaner I've seen says not to use on maple boards. What the hell do you clean a maple board with?
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
cav22s
20 IQ
I think you can use naptha on a maple board. I have the dunlop lemon oil right not its ok (rosewood) i like the gibson stuff. I use GHS fast fret too.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
Quote by BledGhostWhite
I've got some red Planet Waves spray, but I didn't like it too much. I use Dunlop Lemon Oil as well, and it's awesome. Though every fretboard cleaner I've seen says not to use on maple boards. What the hell do you clean a maple board with?

A clean rag and some elbow grease.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A clean rag and some elbow grease.

*insert spitoon sound*

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by StewieSwan
my eyes are rolling harder than fred durst

Way Cool JR.
120 IQ
I use Kyser Classics, Dr. Stringfellow lem-oil on my Ebony and Rosewood boards. I use it once a year and that's all they need. Damn good stuff IMO.
jpnyc
Banned
90 IQ
Gogomyte. It does an incredible job of cleaning the frets, which makes it worth the price IMHO.
cheesefries
High Five!
30 IQ
Been using this for 15 years with no issues. It's cheap and easily available and doesn't get marked up ridiculously like "specialty guitar fret board oil"

Just make sure it's the kind that doesn't have wax or silicone and your good to go.

Gibsons & Fenders

Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960b (V30/G12T75)

PolyTune, EH Small Stone, MXR Wylde OD, Boss DD3
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 14, 2014,
DefineAlive94
20 IQ
I've heard some people say the Dunlop 65 Lemon oil is bad for the fretboard and drys it out. Is there any truth in that?
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
Lizard Spit fretboard conditioner:

http://lizardspit.com/?page_id=66

Their guitar polish also works great.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
quadracer92
10 IQ
Quote by cheesefries
Been using this for 15 years with no issues. It's cheap and easily available and doesn't get marked up ridiculously like "specialty guitar fret board oil"

Just make sure it's the kind that doesn't have wax or silicone and your good to go.

I was going to post the same exact thing. Either this or Orange Glo, well, because I like the smell of oranges. Works just as good as the Old English.