Is that a lot to pay for a space? I used to do hourlys but I drum and I needed a space to move leave them. For $300 I got a 300ft2 place for myself and its only 15 minutes away even in bad traffic. (I live in chicago). There are also drum shares for $200 but it takes a half-hour to an hour and I have to share with 4 other drummers. I can't bring people up here. The only thing I like is security here but I can't decide what to do. My bandmates live close to this location too unfortunately. Is $300 a lot for myself? Has anyone paid that much themselves?

cliffs:

-Looking into getting my own space
-one for $300 close to me, security is ok. Far from bandmates
-another is for $200. not far but a lot of traffic. Just drums only but free hourly rehearsals for bandmates
-what do? Is $300 a lot of myself? Anyone pay that much?
How far from the first place are your bandmates? Or can't you jam at someone's house once in a while? (try alternating each time to keep good bound with neighbors)

I would only pay that much money if I were planning a career in music or if I had a monthly income over $3000 or something like that.
Yea I figured $300 is a lot. I don't make much and the space seems extremely large. Its about a half hour-hour depending on traffic. For me its the same thing to drive over our current place. I hate driving that far to just drum.
Last edited by Scarface735 at May 9, 2014,
How much time do you want to spend and how often do you plan to go there ?
I have 3 spaces As far As I'm concerned.
1 private for me 150$ (all mine 24/7)
1 I share with other bands 24$ (have keys but can't go when I want)
1 I share with my Main Band 40$ (Can only go with my Band)
The main idea to keep is how easy it is to access it
for yourself (Distance/ Is it 24-7)
So establish your needs and evaluate if 300$ is worth your investment.
Split it with another band or two also. Three bands = $100/ea. Work out a schedule for who uses it when.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.