Juice Face
242 IQ
Which guitar is the hardiest; what is the Nokia 3310 of guitars?
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Telecaster

/thread
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Roc8995
2,050 IQ
Yup.

Steinberger and Parker are probably stronger by most physical measures, and there are plenty of other guitars out there that are made with super strong materials, but of the most common, popular guitars it's pretty hard to argue with the Tele.
dspellman
1,110 IQ
I'd probably pick a neck-through guitar (Carvin DCs, Agile AL-3200s, Yamaha SG2000, etc.) over a set or bolt neck. I'd also pick a guitar with a straight-pull headstock that doesn't have a lot of back-tilt.

The tele offers nothing over any other bolt-neck guitar.

The two most common headstock breaks are the LP style (#1 by a good margin) and the "tilted pointy" inline headstock typified by the Jackson style.

In the tough materials category, it's tough to beat the Travis Bean, with a solid single piece aluminum chunk from tuners to tailpiece, and a (usually) solid koa body wrapped around that.

badfish_lewis
Tab Contributor
1,924 IQ
My american tele has dealt with tons of abuse and still plays/sounds and look wonderful. I have never had to replace anything other than strings which is more than I can say for my strat and my ibanez
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,164 IQ
Who doesn't love a bang-around tele?

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son
2,227 IQ
I'm with Roc, there are special cases of course, but of all the normal guitars out there a Tele is just a good, solid guitar, they can really take a beating. Strats are tough too but I have broke the trem arm on a Strat more than once.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
jfduncan
21 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Telecaster

/thread

^ End of thread right there. The swiss army knife of guitars.
HvyMetalKing
An Apple
149 IQ
wasn't there a user on this site that made a line of solid metal guitars? I remember seeing advertising threads with pictures and stuff.

seems like they'd be pretty tough.
Archer250
569 IQ
I've never seen a telecaster break. EVER.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Last edited by Archer250 at May 9, 2014,
Spud Spudly
Semi-hollow
318 IQ
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.
TheStig1214
Lace Fanboy
1,216 IQ
Chuck Norris once kicked a telecaster. The only one with a broken neck afterward was Chuck.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,164 IQ
Quote by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

Sigged.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

deadsmileyface
jesse's dead
2,011 IQ
Quote by dspellman
I'd probably pick a neck-through guitar (Carvin DCs, Agile AL-3200s, Yamaha SG2000, etc.) over a set or bolt neck. I'd also pick a guitar with a straight-pull headstock that doesn't have a lot of back-tilt.

The tele offers nothing over any other bolt-neck guitar.

The two most common headstock breaks are the LP style (#1 by a good margin) and the "tilted pointy" inline headstock typified by the Jackson style.

In the tough materials category, it's tough to beat the Travis Bean, with a solid single piece aluminum chunk from tuners to tailpiece, and a (usually) solid koa body wrapped around that.

goddamn homie I really really want one of those
Juice Face
242 IQ
So the tele seems to be the consensus for the guitar you'd keep in a zombie apocalypse. What about the most fragile mainstream guitar, one that should it drop, it would be in slow motion while you dive to try to catch it before it hits the ground?

And breaks when you catch it.
koopaguy58
10 IQ
Quote by Juice Face
So the tele seems to be the consensus for the guitar you'd keep in a zombie apocalypse. What about the most fragile mainstream guitar, one that should it drop, it would be in slow motion while you dive to try to catch it before it hits the ground?

Yeah I was just about to reference that. For the most part, I don't think there actually is a guitar that can't withstand a good rough and tumble. You'd have to make an honest effort to destroy most if not all the usual guitar makes out there. Except maybe, like, custom builds, I can't guarantee the sturdiness of those.
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy
1,873 IQ
Quote by Juice Face

Les Pauls.

A wise man once said, if you drop a Tele, you pick it up. If you drop a Les Paul, you get it repaired.

LP's are quite fragile, so I'm very careful with mine.

Strats are also fairly sturdy as well. I'm willing to jump around and be reckless with my strat, but when I gig with my LP I stay the **** still
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
the greater the headstock angle the more fragile it is.
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Telecaster!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Guy_Mitchell
Terminally Salty
171 IQ
Tele.

I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Kyleisthename
1,583 IQ
Les Pauls' headstocks just fly off like they were designed to do that.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab