It's funny, I've owned this guitar years ago and always regretted selling it. Today I spotted it for sale, turns out it was the very guitar I sold like 5 years ago. Snatched it up for a great price and am now enjoying the hell out of it, never to sell again. This is the 2002 Ibanez Destroyer DT420, made in Japan. I've tried the new ones (they're made in either china or indonesia) and they don't even hold a candle to these in my opinion. MIJ Ibanez is where it's at.

I bought it with the upgraded pickups which are thankfully still in the guitar, it's a Duncan JB/59 set but I'll be selling them because I have Bareknuckles and a Suhr Aldrich set lying around (if anyone wants a gold JB/59 set, PM me!). Here are some pictures with my craptastic camera. Action needs a quick tweak but otherwise it's a monster.

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Always good to be reunited with an old friend.

Happy reunited with gear day!

Totally a better love story that Twilight.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Congrats, man! Not many people get reunited with their beloved axes.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Thanks guys. Trying to decide between two sets of pickups for it, the Duncans are fine but they have to go. I have a set of Bareknuckle Warpigs and a Suhr Doug Aldrich set...
Happy reunification!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by Ippon
Congrats finding it again! Sweet-looking axe. Is there a set-neck version?

Thanks! I don't know if I've ever seen a MIJ set neck one, but they probably exist. It's so well built though that I don't miss the set neck at all. The newer ones are set neck but they're made in China and honestly the quality is just not there. I played 4 or 5 different ones at two different Guitar Center stores, and they just felt cheap/toy-ish. Of all the Destroyers I've played over the years, the 2002 MIJ reissue is my favorite.
Quote by Ippon
Congrats finding it again! Sweet-looking axe. Is there a set-neck version?

They are probably making them with set necks on the newer ones. I know they did that with the Iceman. My IC300 along with the IC350 were the last Icemans with bolt ons. With the 400 the went to set. I'd imagine it's a similar story with the Destroyers.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Got the black one a few months ago. Makes a great backup guitar for me.
Quote by TheChaz
good point maybe they'll kill you instead and this won't have been so bad

Quote by Eastwinn
when it comes down to it, i'm really inadequate

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hope all Trump voters die. The last thread showed they were vindictive and spiteful people.
Awesome.

really like that

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Funny the way these things happen sometimes. Getting a 2nd chance with that guitar after 5 years... Must feel very good, man.

HNOldGD!

For anyone who likes to hear this kind of story, here's one about a man who found his dad's old Peugeot after 70 years.
Now if I could find my dad's old Triumph Spitfire Mk.IV...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Beautiful axe. Congrats on the reunification!
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Awesome looking axe, it's great that you got reunited with it after 5 years
Thanks guys, I'm really loving it. Just have to decide between a Suhr Aldrich set i have, and one of the bareknuckle sets I have lying around.
Sweet

Was it a japan-only model or something like that? It doesn't seem to be in the Ibanez catalogues on the Ibby website, anyway...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by gregs1020
destroyer = knuckles.

I hear you...they're distressed camo finish though, I feel like it would clash cosmetically. Though of course tone is most important
Quote by Dave_Mc
Sweet

Was it a japan-only model or something like that? It doesn't seem to be in the Ibanez catalogues on the Ibby website, anyway...

Sorry Dave, just noticed your post. It is Japan-only, it was a limited edition reissue that I think was made only that year (2002). Came in candy apple red (this one) and black pearl.

Here's a good page i found on google with the specs and info:

http://www.thedestroyerguy.com/6-String/DT-420v2.html
No worries. And thanks for the link
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

HNGD, buddy!

I actually almost bought one the other gay at GC. I absolutely love how the necks on these bad boys feels. Hope you like it!
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by aerosmithfan95
I actually almost bought one the other gay at GC.

Great typo. I had to re-read that sentence a few times.
At first I thought you almost bought one from a gay person, and I wondered why you felt the need to mention said person's sexual preference.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Great typo. I had to re-read that sentence a few times.
At first I thought you almost bought one from a gay person, and I wondered why you felt the need to mention said person's sexual preference.

Yeah this was hilarious haha
A worthwhile bump...finally got around to installing the Bareknuckle Warpigs into this beast. And DAMN, do they rock. It's a match made in heaven. Really highly recommend 'em to anyone considering new pickups. I've owned many, many guitars in my 10 years of playing, and I've never played a guitar that nailed ultra high gain so well (with the BKPs doing a lot of the work, I'm sure).

Here is it in it's new incarnation:

how many strings do you go through? thats one rusty ass bridge and saddle lol
Gear

ESP/LTD Kirk Hammett 602
Gibson faded cherry V
Johnson (cheap ass) acoustic
Boss Gt-3 (old)
Peavey 6505+ 1x12
nice
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by gregs1020
they clash in a good way.

That's how I feel too. It kind of works with the inlays and the faded hardware.

Quote by kado.brown.18
how many strings do you go through? thats one rusty ass bridge and saddle lol

Well, gold hardware on a guitar that's 12 years old...guess it comes with the territory. Everything functions 100% though. And I bought it used (both the first time I owned it, and this 2nd recent purchase) so I can say its not my fault