Page 2 of 2
Quote by Mason Bruce
I don't think Pete Townshend gets enough credit.

I think that the UNDERrated guitarist is Andy latimer from Camel.
It's one of the best art rock band i've ever hear. And unfortunately Camel wasn't so popular, maybe it's better for them, because they're never played for money.
Last edited by Tube_silence at Oct 8, 2014,
There`s so many. Three of my favourite guitarists ever were in the same band - Oceansize.

They are:

Mike Vennart
Steve Durose
Richard "Gambler" Ingram

Not flashy but they could do and play everything and the way they worked together was incredible.
Get a free copy of my eBook at Guitar Domination

If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Tube_silence
I think that the UNDERrated guitarist is Andy latimer from Camel.
It's one of the best art rock band i've ever hear. And unfortunately Camel wasn't so popular, maybe it's better for them, because they're never played for money.

Camel is one of my favorite bands, I even was on their concert in Groningen (NL) last year. But I disagree that they never played for money, they're not so commercial like Pink Floyd of course, but not the altruists also Yes, Andrew is very underrated, he is a great composer, melodist and of course a great man
One more very underrated guitarist was Tommy Bolin, he replaced Blackmore in Deep Purple '75. His solo albums are very nice (especially Teaser).
Last edited by Libertarian at Oct 8, 2014,
Quote by Libertarian
Camel is one of my favorite bands, I even was on their concert in Groningen (NL) last year. But I disagree that they never played for money, they're not so commercial like Pink Floyd of course, but not the altruists also Yes, Andrew is very underrated, he is a great composer, melodist and of course a great man
One more very underrated guitarist was Tommy Bolin, he replaced Blackmore in Deep Puple '75. His solo albums are very nice (especially Teaser).

I like his guitar figures, he plays not so fast, but with beautiful magical melodies like he is telling a story for you.
Quote by Tube_silence
I like his guitar figures, he plays not so fast, but with beautiful magical melodies like he is telling a story for you.

Yes, not so fast as some 'shreders', but sometimes he use very interesting jazz-rock figures, for example his solo in 'Hymn To Her' track.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
I would agree with Tommy Shaw. I have seen him with Styx and with Shaw/Blades and his acoustic work is excellent as well as his tasteful lead work. I think his solos are well thought out and add to the song rather than just fill a hole. His solos aren't the "Insert 12 bar solo here" type that so many others do (myself included).
Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains. His style is amazing. I envy his delectable playing
Last edited by aliceinchains99 at Oct 17, 2014,
I did not know that Billy Corgan could play like that. Has anyone said Steve Howe?
Paul Kantner
Main Rig:

Rickenbacker 360/12

Vox AC-15

Fender Twin Reverb

Boss CS-3
Page 2 of 2