I'm looking to find artists who play without a band or accompaniment, like Tony Emmanuel or some Chet Atkins, I'm open to all genres I just prefer it to be instrumental.

The reasoning for asking is to find songs made for solo guitar and just some new music
Quote by rootsofmy
Keith Merrow, Fred Brum.

Keith Merrow is a ****ing god of nasty riffage. Total boss. And he does play with at least one band now, Conquering Dystopia. They're amazing, in case anyone here hasn't heard them yet. All instrumental, with Keith Merrow on rhythm guitar and primary writing, Jeff Loomis on lead, with Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse on bass, and Alex Rudinger (who plays with the Faceless as of last year) on drums.
All these guys are great but it was Leo Kottke initially then Michael Hedges that took solo acoustic guitar to the next level. Go listen to Aerial Boundaries.

Adrian Legg is great also.
While sometimes he plays with others (or most times even?) there is heaps of him by himself: Paco De Lucia

(also one of the top three guitarists in the world in my honest opinion)
Quote by the_bi99man
Keith Merrow is a ****ing god of nasty riffage. Total boss. And he does play with at least one band now, Conquering Dystopia. They're amazing, in case anyone here hasn't heard them yet. All instrumental, with Keith Merrow on rhythm guitar and primary writing, Jeff Loomis on lead, with Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse on bass, and Alex Rudinger (who plays with the Faceless as of last year) on drums.

Didn't know that, actually. Thanks!
Quote by rootsofmy
Didn't know that, actually. Thanks!

No problem dude. I only just discovered Keith Merrow earlier this year. I work in a guitar shop and he's all over the latest Schecter catalogs with Jeff Loomis because of Conquering Dystopia and their sig guitars. I've been pretty much obsessed with both Conquering Dystopia and Keith's solo stuff that's all over youtube ever since. The riffs are just insanity.